Supply Chain Facility Senior Manager - Manchester, CT
Working under general supervision, the Supply Chain Facility Senior Manager will ensure streamlined activities within the Organization based on the priorities of the Director of Supply Chain. JCPenney is a Company driven by service, passion, integrity and courage.
- Consistently promotes and uses safe work habits. Actively engages associates to facilitate and deliver a safe work environment
- Leverage multiple methods to effectively communicate business performance and objectives to the team
- Reviews and understands targeted forecasts and expenses to quickly identify and prioritize areas of opportunity, determines root cause of the opportunity, and sets team direction to productivity and/or team performance to deliver expense / productivity targets.
- Rely on both accurate data and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Develop and assist with presenting analytics, key trends and solution proposals
- Actively engages varied business partners to understand the company strategy and how it influences Supply Chain operations
- Coordinates with support departments to ensure uniform and consistent communications are implemented and align with Company Policy and Procedures
- Actively participate in peer group discussions to identify trends and/or barriers to business performance
- Direct the team on activities and process that enable key strategies of customer first service.
- Fosters an environment that reinforces positive behaviors, inspires associates/teams to deliver on the company strategy
- Actively walks the floor and interacts with leaders and associates to drive service to the stores
- Actively walks the floor and strategizes with associates and leaders to plan to meet service goals
- Actively walks the floor to identify opportunities related to performance and safety
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree preferred, business or operation major desired, or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in Logistics operations.
- Superior Leadership and development abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, functions, and responsibilities in a fast-paced team environment
- Good critical thinking skills for proactive planning and crisis management; ability to shift and shape the direction of business operations, while maintaining an engaged work culture.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Supply Chain Facility Senior Manager - Manchester, CT
Location: Manchester, CT, United States -
Job ID: 1100052
J.C. Penney Company Inc.