At JCPenney Salon, we strive to unlock the potential of America’s top salon professionals, creating an unparalleled experience for our clients today, tomorrow and for life. Every day, we exude passion, integrity, teamwork, leadership, pride, and respect!
We offer cutting edge, industry-leading benefits:
• Flexible scheduling*
• Set your own service pricing**
• 50 - 70% commission based service sales***
• Artistic paid training
• 10% retail commission with a service
• Up to $1,000 bonus for qualified candidates
• Client acquisition programs
• Diverse career paths
*For Master Designer level and above. **Applicable for Sr. Designer level and above. ***Commission based on credential level, sales and productivity: Designer, Sr. Designer or Master Designer.
Be a part of a team that is changing the face of the salon industry. We are looking for professionals who want to join us as a force of change—individuals who will strive to know their clients and their expectations better than ever before and are driven to respond in a timely fashion by listening and interacting.
What We Look For:
• Professional styling services
• Ability to build a fan base
• Ability to partner with salon team members
• Willingness to participate in a learning environment
• A passion for the beauty industry
• People skills
Our professionals ensure a superior client experience by determining the client’s needs and providing services including the latest cuts, the best finishing, and the industry’s top chemical services.
• License- You must maintain a current cosmetology license in the state you are applying
• Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit, or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
• Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive, and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
• Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what is right; act with energy and urgency.
Our passion for hair is stronger than ever, so we have turned styling into an exciting, rewarding career—and so can you. Start your future at http://jobs.jcp.com.
At this time, JCPenney does not anticipate closing this job opportunity.
What you get:
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays*, and 401(k) with Company match. All associates are eligible for an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. For paid holidays, associates who are eligible for paid vacation (MTO) are also eligible for eight paid holidays during the calendar year. All store hourly associates scheduled to work on a designated holiday will receive additional compensation. *For paid vacation days, as well as eligibility requirements for other benefits, please visit http://www.yourjcpbenefits.com
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality, and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty, and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when, and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
J.C. Penney Company Inc.