As the Operations Supervisor, you are accountable for contributing to profitable sales growth by driving store merchandise in-stocks, supervising and engaging Operations associates and driving the execution of operational tasks
- Customer Service & Sales – Maneuvering around the store at a fast pace, directing the team and working with all the latest merchandise, as well as resolving customer issues and concerns in a professional manner.
- Store Operations – Assists with inventory counts and updates to ensure accurate in-stock information for customers. Oversees RFID process and performs system uploading to ensure efficient and accurate updates to stock ledger as well as leads door to floor merchandise preparation process. In addition, manages and engages the pricing and signing team and the promotional price signing within the store as well as the re ticketing and re packaging execution.
- Stockroom & General Operations – Responsible for all stockroom processes, work safety initiatives, facility equipment, and enables efficient execution of support processes. Oversees the cash office and owns receiving, shipping and logistics with third party carrier processes.
- Team Development – Plays an active role in the training and development of associates; coaches in the moment, addresses performance issues, and partners with operations associates on training and policy compliance.
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives, Omnichannel, scheduling efficiency, associate relations, engagement, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
To achieve success at JCPenney, a supervisor will possess the following:
- Work experience- Minimum of 2 years retail leadership experience
- Education- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships: establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively to a wide audience.
- Drives Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change.
- Shows Courage – A confident leader; willing to take on challenging assignments. Acts in accordance with beliefs and deals with conflict quickly and in a positive manner.
What you get:
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays*, and 401(k) with Company match. All associates are eligible for an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. For paid holidays, associates who are eligible for paid vacation (MTO) are also eligible for eight paid holidays during the calendar year. All store hourly associates scheduled to work on a designated holiday will receive additional compensation. *For paid vacation days, as well as eligibility requirements for other benefits, please visit http://www.yourjcpbenefits.com
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality, and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty, and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when, and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor - Village @ Fairview
Location: Fairview, TX, United States - Village @ Fairview 301 Stacy Rd
Job ID: 1093965
J.C. Penney Company Inc.