As the Operations Supervisor, you are accountable for contributing to profitable sales growth by driving store merchandise in-stocks, supervising and engaging Operations associates and driving the execution of operational tasks
- Customer Service & Sales – Maneuvering around the store at a fast pace, directing the team and working with all the latest merchandise, as well as resolving customer issues and concerns in a professional manner.
- Store Operations – Assists with inventory counts and updates to ensure accurate in-stock information for customers. Oversees RFID process and performs system uploading to ensure efficient and accurate updates to stock ledger as well as leads door to floor merchandise preparation process. In addition, manages and engages the pricing and signing team and the promotional price signing within the store as well as the re ticketing and re packaging execution.
- Stockroom & General Operations – Responsible for all stockroom processes, work safety initiatives, facility equipment, and enables efficient execution of support processes. Oversees the cash office and owns receiving, shipping and logistics with third party carrier processes.
- Team Development – Plays an active role in the training and development of associates; coaches in the moment, addresses performance issues, and partners with operations associates on training and policy compliance.
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives, Omnichannel, scheduling efficiency, associate relations, engagement, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
To achieve success at JCPenney, a supervisor will possess the following:
- Work experience- Minimum of 2 years retail leadership experience
- Education- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships: establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively to a wide audience.
- Drives Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change.
- Shows Courage – A confident leader; willing to take on challenging assignments. Acts in accordance with beliefs and deals with conflict quickly and in a positive manner.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. All associates are eligible for an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor - Metropolis
Location: Plainfield, IN, United States - Shops @ Perry X-Ing 2611 E Main St
Job ID: 1093933
J.C. Penney Company Inc.