This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Business Analyst - Planning & Allocation
The Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for the allocation of merchandise at the sku level across all stores, ensuring presentation standards by store are met based on Buyer’s intent and allocation objectives. Partner with merchandising organization to drive size strategy and execution. Collaborate with (sr.) Planning Manager and merchandising organization to review / challenge assortment flow plan.
- Allocate merchandise at sku level based on the Buyer intent and allocation objectives.
- Accountable for ensuring stores and eCommerce platform are at optimal inventory levels and presentation standards are met to drive sales, in-stocks, and service customers
- Develop product knowledge to be store level expert in regards to product needs and opportunities.
- Responsible for presenting needs to Merchandise Action Team (MAT) in determining the best strategy to maximize opportunity
- Collaborate with (sr.) Planning Manager and merchandising organization to review / challenge assortment flow plan and ensure sufficient quantities are purchased to support the assortment plan
- Perform pre-season, in-season, and post-season analysis to uncover opportunities and risks
- Develop recommendations for in-season changes and pre-season assortment plans to ensure maximization of objectives
- Monitors JCPenney warehouse inventory and flow and recommends appropriate actions to the MAT in order to maximize business objectives
- Partner with merchant organization on size strategy execution providing analysis, depth needs, range recommendations, and pack configuration
- Develop / implement strategies to create vendor pre-packs based on pack configuration analysis; identify opportunities to add new sizes and / or liabilities to omit sizes from assortment
- Prepare weekly / monthly review of item sales and inventory results; coordinate subsequent re-forecasting estimates with the (sr.) Planning Manager to review with the MAT
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in business, planning, allocation, and/or merchandising
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Ability to drive retail profitability and inventory productivity
- Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately
- Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business
- Exhibit high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to successfully collaborate with internal and external partners
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst - Planning & Allocation
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1092539
J.C. Penney Company Inc.