Procurement Sourcing Manager - Logistics
JCPenney Procurement is seeking a Procurement Sourcing Manager - Logistics to assist the Sourcing Sr. Manager in the strategic sourcing of domestic transportation services to support our Supply Chain organization. Supply Chain is a primary driver of JCPenney’s growth strategy. In this role, you will work closely with the Supply Chain and Finance teams to develop and execute sourcing strategies and negotiate contracts to help drive their key initiatives. You will work within Procurement to champion improved processes with lower expense and decreased risk to the business.
- Lead, develop, negotiate, and execute sourcing strategies across various Logistics modes such as Truckload, Ocean, LTL, Final Mile, International Air, Small Parcel, etc
- Execute a disciplined strategic sourcing process with a focus on continuous improvement in total cost, innovation, quality and service
- Possess strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to leverage tools such as Microsoft Excel and Access
- Interface successfully with the company’s various business units and departments to ensure collaborative, timely and effective approaches to sourcing events and project implementations
- Negotiate preferable costs and contract terms on behalf of internal stakeholders in the best interest of JCPenney with suppliers
- Identify cost reduction initiatives through data analysis and strategic collaboration with business and finance stakeholders
- Implement supplier management techniques to drive increased value and foster innovation
- Assess current and future market trends, and prepares price forecasts for the business
- Develop supplier risk mitigation strategies
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Develop total cost of ownership (TCO) financial models, derive outcomes, and present results in executive summaries
- Present project outcomes to internal decision makers to facilitate positive outcomes related to procurement activities
- Driving results on projects, implementing change and reporting progress to leadership
- Ability to be both proactive in thought while being reactive in response to unforeseen situations
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years relating purchasing/buying/ sourcing industry experience
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and maintain attention to detail to ensure successful project execution
- Be able to perform in a demanding environment while juggling multiple competing priorities
- Strong contract negotiation skills, the ability to gather and analyze data, assess risks / gaps and make recommendations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office365. Understanding of Oracle ERP applications a plus
- CPM/ CPSM certified is a plus
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Procurement Sourcing Manager - Logistics
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1092722
J.C. Penney Company Inc.