Merchandise Planner - Women's Apparel
The Merchandise Planner (Women's Apparel) partners with merchandising to develop and manage comprehensive business strategies to drive sales, optimize inventory investment, and generate profit. Responsible for managing the Opento-Buy, building financial plans, and performing analysis to support the sales plan. Manage allocation process for assigned area of responsibility in support of subdivision financial plans. The Merchandise Planner will report to the Planning and Allocation Director.
- Develop/execute subdivision financial plans in both dollars and units by week for sales, receipts, inventory, gross profit, and inventory turn for the assigned area of responsibility. Collaborate with the Buyer in building financial targets for sourcing and national brand vendors as applicable.
- Prepare and manage the subdivision Open-to-Buy to ensure optimal performance is achieved by month, quarter, and season, while managing to plan goals. Develop and approve lifecycle product plans including exit strategies to maximize profitability.
- Prepare weekly and monthly review of sales, gross profit, and inventory results and coordinate subsequent re-forecasting with Planning and Allocation Director, as well as present the forecast to the Merchandise Action Team (MAT) to identify, quantify, and communicate opportunities and risks.
- Develop seasonal transition targets and strategies for their assigned areas.
- Create assortment plan strategic intent and develop botto-ms-up key item plans with input from MAT. Reconcile item plans, merchandise financial plan, and assortment plan, updating as appropriate.
- Pre-season, in-season, and post season: manage item plan and drive analysis to identify opportunities and risks and make recommendations. Prepare and analyze vendor profitability.
- Create and direct the allocation strategy for area of responsibility in support of assortment plans and ensure consistency and accuracy of allocation analysis and tactical actions. Supervise and oversee the activities and workflow in area of responsibility to ensure allocation objectives are met and to ensure proper execution of all allocations.
- Coach and develop their team of business analysts, within area of responsibility, by providing leadership and fostering professional growth of team.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree preferred.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in business, planning, allocation, and/or merchandising.
- Ability to drive retail profitability and inventory productivity.
- Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately.
- Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business.
- Exhibit high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy.
- Ability to provide strategic planning direction and identify growth opportunities.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Merchandise Planner - Women's Apparel
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1092521
J.C. Penney Company Inc.