This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Specialist - Photography & Video Content Producer
The Photography & Video Producer coordinates all aspects of photo/video production activities from inception to completion and payment processing enterprise-wide. Plans and executes photo shoot logistics and provides resolution for creative and unexpected needs.
- Secures studios, photographers and crews to ensure the talent and support required to produce brand-appropriate photography meets all creative and technical direction. Negotiates rates based upon project budgets and media usage. Finalizes pre-production and photo shoot schedules to deliver images on-time for all print and electronic media; preprints, direct mail events, in-store graphics, store guides, prospecting pieces, packaging, billboards, national magazines, ROPs, videos and jcp.com.
- Manages accuracy and distribution of layouts for print and electronic media. Leads pre-production meetings to align internal and external teams and communicate schedules, creative direction and project specifications.
- Researches photography location options and secures Certificates of Insurance and location permits.
- Monitors receipt, preparation and return of all props and all merchandise. Prepares a missing list and communicates daily with the Samples Coordinator to ensure timely delivery and avoid costly delays.
- Leads and Coordinates on-set activities before, during and after the photo shoot. Establishes daily shoot schedule for crew and models, and revises production schedule as needed to address late-developing changes in marketing, creative direction, model/merchandise availability and weather.
- Oversees signing and accuracy of all crew and model vouchers and legal documents. Ensures accurate labeling and on-time delivery of all images.
- Negotiates and approves vendor estimates. Manages budgets and costs. Tracks all production expenses including: crews, contractors, models, travel, locations, meals and props. Reconciles invoices and resolves overages consistent with Company-approved accounting procedures. Approves invoices for purchase order initiation and payment via Oracle. Finalizes balance sheets and supervises collection of data for archiving.
- Prepares analysis by project. Assigns cost allocations within and between Packaging, Stores, Visual, Internet and National Advertising based upon where and how long each digital image or video is used.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Fine Arts, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in photo production, art buying, and on set production from either a studio production service, in house studio or ad agency background.
- Fashion or Retail category photography production and art buying experience required.
- Solid project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Service-oriented, able to form and build relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates confidence and the ability to form and influence relationships with creative, production and casting teams.
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to last minute changes, comfortable with ambiguity.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Senior Specialist - Photography & Video Content Producer
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1092561
J.C. Penney Company Inc.