This job posting is no longer active.
Payment Operations Director - Credit Services
The Payment Operations Director will support and assist Vice-President, Credit with day-to-day operation of all Payment Tenders across all enterprise touchpoints to include P&L responsibility for payment tender acceptance costs, accountability for the continuous compliant operation and availability of all accepted payment tenders, business function representation and coordination with IT on all Payments related IT projects, accountability for coordination and successful implementation of all non-marketing related projects and initiatives with JCP’s credit card issuer, root cause resolution of JCP credit accountholder escalations and shaping the customer payment related experiences across all channels and payment types.
- Annual P&L responsibility for multi-million dollar payment tender acceptance expenses (Interchange, charge-back, and JCP Credit promotional plan expenses) and achievement of the payment function’s 5 year expense objectives
- Accountability for the smooth operation of all Payment Tenders (authorization, settlement reconciliation, exception handling, acceptance policy and procedure, expense trend monitoring, etc.) across all enterprise channels / touchpoints
- Responsible for the establishment and maintainenance of Payment Acceptance policy and procedures for all channels to include maintenance and periodic updating of organizational training materials
- Represent the Payments business function and coordinate with IT on all Payments related IT projects, to include developing recommendations for and changes in, the Payment function’s IT Roadmap
- Accountability for successful implementation of all non-marketing related projects and initiatives involving JCP’s credit card issuer
- Monitoring and improvement of the customer’s experience with the Penney’s brand as experienced through the customer’s wallet, to include root cause analysis and issue elimination as identified through customer satisfaction scores and customer complaint escalations related to any form of payment
- Principal operational contact for all card acceptance partners and providers, or other payment intermediaries, to include the company’s merchant processors, card acceptance networks, private label operations partners, and Gift Card system processors
- Privacy Leader and resource, working in concert with Legal, for the overall Finance function
- Business Owner, for security access purposes, of all sub-system access requests to include the approval of access requests and periodic review of access roles for appropriateness and business need
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree or 10+ years of appropriate equivalent work experience preferred
- Demonstrate strong Project Management skills through active past leadership and/or participation in major cross-functional projects
- Experience with / knowledge of PCI, Payment Card Network Acceptance rules and/or private label credit card acceptance / operations
- Customer-centric mindset
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to adapt to change, and self-starter
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools: i.e. Excel, Power Point, Teams, etc.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Payment Operations Director - Credit Services
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1092544
J.C. Penney Company Inc.