This job posting is no longer active.
Email Marketing Manager - Owned Media
The Email Marketing Manager will lead the development, execution and management of promotional and automation email programs for the JCPenney customer base. This position is responsible for the development and execution of one of our largest marketing channels with focus on campaigns that drive revenue, customer engagement, retention, loyalty and brand advocacy.
- Leads the day to day management of Email Marketing Team focused primarily on development and execution of email campaigns; directs the work based on campaign type and complexity.
- Supports team through leading and executing day-to-day email campaign set up.
- Works cross functionally to ensure that enterprise objectives are met while delivering customer-first messaging.
- Oversees the development and execution of promotional campaigns and personalization through nurture/ automation life-cycle programs.
- Partners with CRM team to determine email audience targets based on customer attributes.
- Works with the Sr. Manager of Strategy and Planning to identify ways to improve program performance and designs; implements testing strategies to understand customer behavior including deeper understanding of device usage, creative messaging preferences, and engagement drivers.
- Works with the analytics team to interpret test results and determine future strategy.
- Serves as a liaison on behalf of the email team and fosters strong relationships with site merchants, creative, coding, e-commerce teams, and IT (along with other marketing departments) to ensure consensus and seamless partnerships throughout email campaign development and execution.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business.
- 5-7 years of Email Marketing. Retail category experience preferred.
- Must have expertise working inside a self-service email tool. Oracle Responsys EMD/Sales Force Marketing Cloud preferred. Other ESP experience will be considered.
- Experience working with email tools within vendors like Movable Ink, Email on Acid, UrbanAirship and M-Gauge.
- Working knowledge of html, ampscript, RPL or other coding languages.
- Subject matter expert on the implementation of data-driven dynamic and personalized content within email.
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and deliverability best practices.
- Leadership experience with the ability to mentor, coach and develop direct reports.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to clearly articulate and implement a focused plan.
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and drive decision making process.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Email Marketing Manager - Owned Media
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1092524
J.C. Penney Company Inc.