Supply Chain Department Manager - Lenexa, KS
- Leads the department Associates by creating/sharing a common vision/direction and an understanding of the organization’s strategy.
- Communicates and works with managers and Associates of other areas in the course of managing and accomplishing operational objectives of the department and total unit.
- Supports and coordinates with managers of all levels to achieve the goals and objectives of the unit and other parts of the supply chain.
- Ensure the timeliness, quality and effectiveness of all processes performed within given area of responsibility.
- Directs the Team on activities and processes that enable our strategy of CustomerFirst Service ensuring that merchandise is delivered to customers accurately and on time, the first time.
- Plans and manages the programs and activities of the assigned department to ensure the complex/critical processes/procedures of this area are followed accurately and efficiently on a multi-shift basis to achieve department and unit business plans and priorities.
- Resolves problems in the assigned department to keep activities on track; refers to appropriate Associate(s) for resolution if assistance or specialized expertise is required; initiates crisis management methods if situation could cause business disruptions.
- Observes and reviews Associate performance, ensuring appropriate execution of procedures and practices, and that all departmental functions are effectively and efficiently performed.
- Leads the department by engaging and supporting Associates by providing direction, coaching and feedback, and recognition, while efficiently and effectively supporting customers.
- Promotes good communication throughout assigned department to achieve thorough understanding of processes and procedures.
- Communicates issues with Associates in other logistics units and the Home Office as they relate to assigned area.
- Builds and maintains good business relationships with external service providers and other industry contacts in the course of managing the assigned department.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent logistics related experience preferred.
- Minimum 10 years related work experience with demonstrated success in overseeing a logistics function in high volume, multi-shift environment.
- Superior supervisory and development abilities; strong verbal and written communication skills; able to prioritize multiple tasks, functions, and responsibilities in a fast paced environment; good critical thinking skills for proactive planning and crisis management.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a fitness center, and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Supply Chain Department Manager - Lenexa, KS
Location: Lenexa, KS, United States -
Job ID: 1092397
J.C. Penney Company Inc.