J. C. Penney Company, Inc., one of the nation's largest apparel and home furnishings retailers, is on a mission to ensure every shopping experience is worth the customer's time, money and effort. Whether shopping jcp.com or visiting one of over 1,000 store locations across the United States and Puerto Rico, customers will discover a broad assortment of products from a leading portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Supporting this value proposition is the warrior spirit of over 100,000 JCPenney associates worldwide, who are focused on the Company's three strategic priorities of strengthening private brands, becoming a world-class omnichannel retailer and increasing revenue per customer.
As the Assistant Manager – Operations you are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by leading and engaging store teams and driving associate development. In addition, you will be responsible for executing talent strategies, operational processes, total store scheduling, and omnichannel initiatives.
- Customer Service & Sales - Models and holds team accountable for outstanding customer service. Oversees store processes to ensure orders are completed in an efficient and timely manner to drive jcp.com sales.
- Omnichannel /Stock/Replenishment / Pricing & Signing - Owns the jcp.com orders process. Ensures door to floor and replenishment processes are executed per company guidance. Ensures the timely execution of all promotional and clearance signing as well as the completion of price change ticketing per company direction.
- General Operations – Accountable for scheduling store support resources and managing payroll budget. Oversees associate HR tasks in compliance with state laws and company policies. Partners with Loss Prevention and models behavior that will help meet store shrinkage plan. Owns Inventory Management Processes, and oversees all Cash Office functions. Actively engages the custodial and facilities maintenance team to ensure daily cleanliness, maintenance and safety standards are met.
- Talent Acquisition & Training – Proactively sources and screens talent. Partners with the General Manager on succession planning for the store. Ensures that new hire orientation and on-going training is scheduled and delivered to associates.
- Team Development - Drives the development and training of all associates. Coaches in the moment; addresses performance issues and plans.
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards, including (but not limited to) product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Skills & Experience
To achieve success at JCPenney, a manager will possess the following:
- Work experience- Minimum of 2 years retail leadership experience
- Education- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships: establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively to a wide audience.
- Drives Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change.
- Shows Courage – A confident leader; willing to take on challenging assignments. Acts in accordance with beliefs and deals with conflict quickly and in a positive manner.
In addition to a competitive wage, this position is eligible to earn bi-annual incentive.
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401(k) with company match. All associates are eligible for an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
Job Title: Assistant Manager Merchandise Operations
Location: Pueblo, CO, United States -
Job ID: 1089116
J.C. Penney Company Inc.