Maintenance Manager - Supply Chain
The Maintenance Manager will support and assist The Logistics’ Facility Director and/or Supply Chain Maintenance Director with day-to-day maintenance activities within the Logistics center to ensure they are completed in a timely manner consistent with Supply Chain standards and at the lowest feasible cost.
- Manages the maintenance and preventive maintenance programs for all electrical, mechanical and energy related equipment to ensure safe operation with minimum downtime due to equipment failure.
- Works with logistics center Operations team to schedule maintenance, installation, capital improvements and coordinates manner to ensure customer service and production are not compromised.
- Manages availability of spare parts, maintenance and housekeeping supplies, janitorial services and other services related to building maintenance and grounds upkeep. This includes working with external contractors and suppliers for skills/services not available within the maintenance department.
- Works closely with the Maintenance and Engineering Support (MES) team to ensure consistency and SOPs are followed to optimize efforts across the Supply Chain Network Maintenance organization
- Ensures proper documentation and prioritization of work orders in the MP2 Maintenance system and provides a safe and efficient work environment.
- Ensures for the proper training and equipping of the maintenance staff; develops Associates skills and technical knowledge.
- Leverages basic knowledge of OSHA/EPA (Hazmat) regulations, as well as working with the JCP Health and Safety team, to ensure facilities are in compliance with federal and local regulations. Participates in compliance programs, hazardous material handling, facility energy management and conservation, scrap/trash disposal and waste recycling programs at the Logistics center.
- Works closely with Logistic engineering management and external suppliers relative to the development of capital project bids to ensure adherence to Supply Chain maintenance policies, procedures and standards.
- Contacts private and governmental agencies for special functions, including such things as building code conformity, insurance inspections, road repairs, utility upkeep and safety activities.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Education: College degree (Mechanical or Engineering fields) preferred. Equivalent position experience will be considered.
- Experience: 5-7 years' background in facility/equipment maintenance, including 3–5 years of supervisory experience.
- Core Competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Customer Focused, Adaptability, Drive for Results
- Positional Competencies: Strong knowledge of MHE systems, strong leader of technical teams and expertise in maintenance processes. Must be flexible and have a strong sense of urgency, strong problem-solving skills a plus.
- Software Skills: Experience with CMMS or EAM systems (Infor/MP2 preferred), basic Office software skills, knowledge of AutoCAD or reading drawings is a plus.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a fitness center, and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Maintenance Manager - Supply Chain
Location: Statesville, NC, United States -
Job ID: 1089003
J.C. Penney Company Inc.