Lead Engineer - Analytics
The Lead Engineer – Analytics (Advanced Software Engineer) will report to a Senior Manager - Analytics. Using Big Data technology, you will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting data analytics solutions utilizing cloud architecture.
- Lead, build and deliver projects with high impact and cross-portfolio scope, complexity and collaboration with cross-functional teams, both business and technology
- Identify technical implementation options and issues
- Play a key role in defining the future Technology architecture and develop roadmaps of the systems, platforms and/or processes for the company across disciplines
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to other engineers and architects across the organization
- Act as expert and point of contact in cross-scrum business/technology/domain area
- Partner and communicate cross-functionally across the enterprise
- Provide the highest level of expertise for the specification, development, implementation and support of Analytical solutions (e.g. Datameer, Hive, Python, Redshift, Tableau)
- Explain technical solutions and issues to senior leaders in the company in non-technical, understandable terms
- Interact with business teams to gather, interpret and understand their business needs and create design specifications
- Foster the continuous evolution of best practices within the development team to ensure data quality, standardization and consistency
- Continuously seek Data Lake platform and data ingestion improvement opportunities that ensure optimal use of the environment and improve stability. Lead efforts to implement the solutions.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 4+ years of experience with Big Data technology and analytics
- JCPenney business domain knowledge preferred
- Proficient in query languages such as SQL, Hive
- Proficient in using Big Data tools (e.g., Hadoop, NoSQL DB, Hbase) and API development and consumption
- Proficient in data preparation and manipulation using Datameer tool
- Experience with one or more languages (e.g., Python, Java)
- Experience with SOA, IaaS, and Cloud Computing technologies, particularly in the AWS environment
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive, Sqoop and Spark
- Experience with ETL and ELT data modeling
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau
- Experience with continuous software integration, test and deployment
- Experience with agile software development paradigm (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to work within a dynamic environment with evolving requirements and capability goals
- Self-motivated. Capable of working with little or no supervision.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the appropriate technical areas
- Strong written and verbal communication. Able to present and hold meetings with key business and technology partners, enterprise architects and vendors.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a fitness center, and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Lead Engineer - Analytics
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1088958
J.C. Penney Company Inc.