Payments Marketing Specialist
The Payments Marketing Specialist will support and assist the Credit/Gift Card Sales Promotion Director with day-to-day planning & execution associated with marketing the JCPenney Credit Card, Gift Card and other payment tenders.
- Maintain all marketing & promotional calendars and documentation
- Develop and maintain integrated marketing calendars for Credit and Gift Card programs, collaborating closely with marketing planning & promotions groups
- Track all credit-advantage promotion activity and share out periodically to various internal/external partners to inform sales forecasting
- Maintain master marketing asset list and track required changes
- Support marketing leader with creative briefing process
- Assist with development of creative strategy briefs for internal and external agency partners when new or updated marketing assets are needed
- Act as liaison with merchandise marketing teams to develop cross promotional opportunities
- Coordinate with creative teams on brand, style, voice and photography standards to ensure customer-facing credit collateral is aligned with corporate branding
- Marketing production support
- Manage Credit collateral production process, from design, quantities, cost to production timelines
- Marketing legal standards and approvals for compliance
- Ensure credit marketing collateral is routed through all proper channels for legal reviews and sign-off approvals
- Maintain credit legal disclosure library of approved credit acquisition language, credit discount offer language, promotional financing verbiage, etc.
- Execution of cardholder life cycle marketing campaigns and other marketing placement across various channels
- Plan and implement credit statement inserts (revenue stream) and marketing panel overlays, collaborating closely with external vendors as well as internal traffic, creative and promotions teams
- Responsible for execution of credit cardholder life cycle marketing initiatives (including acquisition and new cardholder communications, birthday, card tier upgrades etc) to deliver value to cardholders at every stage in their relationship with JCP, to increase card usage and cardholder engagement
- Manage creation and replenishment of in-store credit marketing materials (ie acquisition, promotional and special financing signage) and other customer communications strategies (ie PA announcements, associate buttons)
- Assist with execution of promotional strategy for Gift Card program
- Implement sales promotion plan for in-brand sales (stores and jcp.com) and out of brand sales (grocery store and drug store gift card mall kiosks)
- Collaborate closely with marketing planning & promotions partners to integrate into corporate marketing plan
- Plan compelling gift card redemption promotions to drive incremental trips and profitable sales with a focus on friction-less customer experience of using a gift card as a tender
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 3+ years work experience in marketing, credit marketing experience preferred
- Customer-eccentric mindset
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to adapt to change
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and good follow through
- Project Management experience a plus; Familiarity with Work-front (or similar) project management software tools
- Strong Process-driven mindset
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Marketing or related field
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a fitness center, and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touch point, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Payments Marketing Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1088954
J.C. Penney Company Inc.