Sr. Assistant BuyerJCPenney Company, Inc.
The Sr. Assistant Buyer
will be supporting the buying process of items for a specific division's sub-category. Reporting directly to the division's Buyer and working alongside other Sr. Assistant Buyers. Ensure accuracy in the ordering process while facilitating communication between vendors and the corresponding buyers.Primary Responsibilities:
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Responsible for buy plan by channel for their categories
- Audits item set-up, approves content
- Creates purchase orders/work orders for flagship and stores
- Validates set and ship dates, and vendor information
- Enters marketed item in ad tracker, updates store counts
- Partners with marketing on style-outs, provides input on event participation
- Turns in marketing samples, manages on-time arrival
- Conducts digital inventory audit
- Provides input on pricing determinations and keys pricing and signing for flagship and stores
- Assists Buyer with building assortment plan
- Assists Buyer with category history and market share analysis
- Determines what choices go on each fixture
What you get:
- College degree or equivalent business experience
- 3+ years retail buying experience; preferably with a large organization in a similar role
- Retail planning experience preferred
- Proficient in MS word and Excel
- Ability to recognize, analyze and quantify market trends
- Results oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.About JCPenney:
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company's flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation's largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Sr. Assistant Buyer
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1088831
J.C. Penney Company Inc.