The Warehouse Associate 2 (Mechanized Stockhandler) moves merchandise and materials with mechanized equipment above floor level.
- Uses mechanized material handling equipment, to include forklift and cherry picker, to move merchandise and materials.
- Loads, unloads, and is accountable for moving merchandise to and from various departments, staging locations and storage areas.
- Stocks and retrieves merchandise stored above floor level.
- Unpacks, counts, and records merchandise received.
- Posts and logs data to various inventory systems.
- Performs other related tasks, as assigned.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Requires the ability to understand and follow oral and/or written instructions. May involve use of elementary arithmetic.
- Familiar with use of merchandise handling equipment and inventory systems.
- Requires thorough familiarity with a forklift or similar type equipment.
- Must have equipment operator license for assigned equipment.
- Six months experience in the same or related tasks is preferable
- Ability to pass eye test.
- Must have an Achiever rating, or higher, on 2017 Performance Appraisal.
- Those with Policy Violations issued within the past 12 months will not be considered.
- Information regarding current family members working in the same facility must be reported when submitting the application. Failure to do so will disqualify the Associate.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Warehouse Associate 2 (Mechanized Stockhandler)
Location: Forest Park, GA, United States - 5500 S Expressway
Job ID: 1088396
J.C. Penney Company Inc.