Sr. Manager – Marketing Systems
The Sr. Manager – Marketing Systems is responsible for delivering proven packaged and custom solutions that enables JCPenney to focus on our customer. JCPenney is looking to implement marketing solutions to provide more personalized and direct communication channels with our customers.
This Sr. Manager – Marketing Systems position will manage a team of IT professionals responsible for delivery of a portfolio supporting Marketing using both commercial, off-the-shelf software and home-grown applications. This position will be responsible for team development, building a global team, implementing the new roadmap and overall successful application portfolio management while working cross-functionally with business partners, other IT teams, business analysts, vendors, architects, and third-party resources.
- Serves as a single point of contact with the marketing business team in Bangalore, partnering with counterparts in Plano, US and stakeholders from a technical and functional perspective for implementation of a new marketing roadmap. The initial focus of this role will be implementing solutions to enable JCPenney provide more personalized content to our customers.
- Responsible for build and managing a team of IT professionals in Bangalore, India and partnering closely with counterparts in Plano, US.
- Manages and tracks budgets, forecasts, and schedule to achieve program objectives
- Works closely with counterparts in the Plano, US office to manage backlog of work
- Manages the annual operating plan and budget which includes prioritization and setting business partner expectations.
- Collaborate with various IT and business stakeholders to execute various marketing initiatives including implementation of a new customer data platform.
- Responsible for collaboration in creation and implementation of a multi-year technology roadmap for the program implementation.
- Keeps current on relevant technology & trends, networks with other companies and professional organizations to stay abreast of best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC and IT project management processes and is current with trends and issues in the information technology industry relating to Marketing systems.
- Provide direction, counsel, and sets goals for career growth and development of the reporting team.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Ideal candidate will have a solid track record of 10+ years of experience working with all levels of staff across an enterprise in IT application delivery and support experience.
- Preferably with experience delivering Martech stack of technologies (customer data platforms, loyalty, customer master, marketing asset lifecycle management, etc.)
- Experience leading a company’s implementation of at least one of the following marketing initiatives –personalization, customer relationship management, loyalty, customer data management
- 6+ years’ experience in digital and transactional solutions.
- Retail/CPG/hospitality experience preferred.
- Excellent time managing skills leading technically complex, cross-organizational, multi-stakeholder applications and leading teams in the delivery of associated technology solutions.
- Excellent in building and developing global teams from scratch.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with the business customer and across IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline, required. Graduate degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline preferred
- Project management or project leadership experience.
Our corporate office supports the jcpenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401 (k) Savings Plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to jcpenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.
Job Title: Senior Manager
Location: Bangalore, KA, India - Manyata Embassy Business Park, SEZ, G3 Wing A (Teak) Bloc, Floor 7-10
Job ID: 1087921
J.C. Penney Company Inc.