Lead Engineer – Java
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
JCPenney, one of the nation’s largest apparel and home retailers, combines an expansive footprint of nearly 870 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcp.com, to deliver style and value for all hard-working American families. At every touchpoint, customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.
Be a part of the Integration team, which develops and supports high quality and high performing integration applications and products that help deliver data consistently and accurately across the entire technology ecosystem. The applications and products typically provide real-time or batch integrations, and managed file transfers.
If you are self-motivated and up for the challenge to meet business needs in a fast paced, agile and nimble environment, check out this opportunity with us!
- Define the technical roadmap
- Lead the team’s technical direction by exploring and implementing the latest real-time integration technologies and advocate the use of best tools, libraries, and processes for integration development
- Work directly with other JCPenney IT associates and teams, as well as with JCPenney business customers to communicate technical capabilities
- Work with business analysts and architects to estimate and design effective, scalable and maintainable solutions that meet business initiatives and objectives
- Develop and unit test software that meets business requirements and technical design
- Troubleshoot pre- and post-production implementations
- Propose new ideas when there is strong business value and stay up to date on the latest technology trends and techniques
- 8-10 years of experience developing in Java technologies with equivalent experience in systems analysis, OO design, OO programming and debugging skills.
- 6+ years of Java Spring Framework development
- 4+ years of ecommerce experience (preferably in retail)
- 2+ years of cloud computing experience (preferably AWS)
- 4+ years of experience in building producer and consumer applications using apache Kafka as streaming platform.
- Experience in setting up event processing pipelines for apache Kafka.
- Experience in setting up operational and monitoring process for apache Kafka clusters.
- Experience developing and using RESTful APIs (preferably micro services)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux command line and shell scripting
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders
- Experience with Java application profiling and profiling tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Drive performance to accomplish team goals in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or the above equivalent skills and years of experience
- Experience with message based application (preferably Apache Kafka)
- Experience with Rest API’s (preferably microservices developed using Java spring boot)
- Experience with Devops tools (e.g. Jenkins, Gradle, Stash etc.)
- Experience with Netflix-OSS components (Hystrix, Eureka, Zuul, etc.)
- Experience with Monitoring tools (preferably Prometheus, Grafana, Spring boot Admin)
Python Development will be an added advantage
Job Title: Lead Engineer
Location: Bangalore, KA, India - Manyata Embassy Business Park, SEZ, G3 Wing A (Teak) Bloc, Floor 7-10
Job ID: 1087915
J.C. Penney Company Inc.