This job posting is no longer active.
Senior Director - Media
The Senior Director - Media leads all aspects and the development of strategic national and local market media plans and ensures the optimization of investments and appropriate market media resources. The role will focus on developing media strategies that will grow revenue, drive ecommerce and support marketing integration and Omni channel strategies. Position reports to VP, Marketing.
- Creates and implements a highly integrated marketing communications plan for the JCPenney brand and leads the direct media planning and media buying agencies and internal resources to implement plans.
- Works collaboratively with Marketing leaders to build strategies and to improve the effectiveness of multichannel media programs.
- Applies understanding of the company’s business and Omni strategies, competitive environment and industry trends to educate and guide C-Level on both strategic and tactical decisions.
- Drives media innovation in rapidly evolving communications landscape with emphasis on ecommerce, social, mobile, interactive television and digital channels in addition to traditional channels of communication
- Oversees agency relationships, ensuring strong collaboration between agencies and internal teams to deliver a cohesive plan.
- Drives media measurement, through a Media Mix Model and/or Multi-Touch Attribution and media KPIs, to continually optimize our media plan.
- Develops a process to make the communication strategy stronger and sustainably differentiated, with a focus on improving communication quality and relevance with customers.
- Consistently delivers brand and business results that exceed expectations in environment of constant evolution.
- Develops effective promotional and cause related programs with broadcast networks, cable networks, print and digital publishers to create excitement and build relevance for company marketing messages.
- Develops a comprehensive event marketing platform to create promotional cadence.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive business experience in innovative media practices including traditional and digital marketing with experience providing data rich insights: including econometric modeling, multicultural segmentation, funnel analytics, media optimization and market expansion planning
- A blend of corporate and agency experience preferred. Retail category experience a plus.
- Deep understanding of e-commerce and success building plans that will drive traffic to site.
- Experience managing multi-million-dollar media investments.
- Expertise in emerging technologies –mobile, tablet and social media.
- Strong negotiation skills with agencies and vendors.
- Strong leadership skills and experience working with C-level executives with the ability to influence, work collaboratively, and gain consensus across a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs through effective use of communication skills in formal and informal settings.
- Direct reporting management experience; lead, coach and mentor direct reports.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a fitness center, and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Senior Director - Media Strategy (Marketing)
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1087873
J.C. Penney Company Inc.