This job posting is no longer active.
The Strategy Consultant will report to the Vice President, Executive Chief of Staff.
- Understand strategic direction of the organization and demonstrate the ability to facilitate and contribute to the forward movement of the strategy to results
- Leverage multiple data sources – financial, customer, etc. – to understand business trends, develop insights / hypothesis to serve as a strategic thought partner for Sr. Team
- Partner with other parts of the organization and external vendors on specific strategic initiatives; manage projects through from scoping to successful implementation
- Lead efforts to build process and standardization across the organization, particularly around new efforts and ways of working
- Ensure end-to-end implications are being accounted for in key initiatives and keep Sr. Team and cross-functional partners apprised of key decisions and progress on designated initiatives
- Coordinate, plan and execute major meetings, events and working sessions – able to attend to minute details while staying attuned to the macro vision of the business
- Builds strong, trusting relationships and works well cross functionally, committed to internal and external customer service, holds self and others accountable
- Serve as a voice of the organization, escalating risks and concerns to Sr. Team while reinforcing strategy choices and ways of working to the organization
- Willing to use position and influence to lead from behind thru a passion for the role, mission of the company and partnership w/ the Sr. Team
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Undergraduate degree required; 3–8 years’ experience with progressively more responsible positions with experience in Consulting, Strategy, Merchandising, P&A, Pricing, or Marketing
- Must possess high aptitude for critical thinking, financial acumen and teamwork/relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills; is positive with high energy, has a strong commitment to customer service, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong organization and planning skills are required;
- Demonstrated ability to leverage knowledge and insights to make data driven and informed decisions in ambiguous situations at a rapid pace; has a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Innovative thinker and continuous learner, is positive with a growth mindset, drives change with a “can do” attitude, is results-minded and action-oriented
- Player coach with a strong work ethic, is driven and will do whatever it takes to get the job done, dives into the details when needed, makes things happen, resolves conflict and removes barriers
- High levels of: professionalism, integrity, collaboration, transparency, communication, energy
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly PPT and Excel
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a fitness center, and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Strategy Consultant
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1087666
J.C. Penney Company Inc.