Category Management – Senior Specialist
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The Category Management Senior Specialist will support the Visual Merchandising and Merchant teams by implementing our merchandise placement communications using our category management tools.
- Input merchandise and set information into the space planning tools and make necessary updates to plan-o-grams/fixture plans on a monthly or seasonal basis.
- Collaborate with visual and merchant teams to plan upcoming seasonal and set strategies.
- Validate and manage compliance with space considerations, merchandise detail integrity, adjacencies, and fixture layout accuracy within our tools and communications.
- Manage due dates and the process of transferring pertinent information cross-functionally.
- As needed, assist the visual team with tasks related to set execution within local stores.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree preferred with 2+ years of experience supporting a retail department, division or team within the apparel or fashion category.
- Merchandising background is a plus.
- Experience with Space Planning Software required — JDA – Floor & Space Planning preferred.
- Strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to use fact based analysis and inputs to guide decision making.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to drive results and be accountable for managing an end-to-end process with multiple cross functional teams.
- Self-starter and very detail oriented, with the ability to manage workload and processes to maintain timelines and critical deliverables.
Job Title: Category Management Sr. Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1087631
J.C. Penney Company Inc.