This job posting is no longer active.
Talent Development Learning SpecialistJ.C. Penney Company, Inc.Unit Location: Columbus, Ohio (Customer Care)
The Talent Development Learning Specialist will support and assist the Learning Sr. Manager in delivering innovative, cutting-edge training experiences and role-specific blending training solutions for front line and leadership development. Works on multiple projects and partners closely with subject matter experts (SMEs). Leverages relationship building and collaboration skills to drive results.
- Supports training in all key areas of call center operations to include, but not limited to new hire onboarding, job skills certification, computer-based skills, systems integration, implementation of processes and procedures, front-line associate development and supervisor development.
- Deliver formalized training sessions for associates and supervisors using various methods of delivery and media (classroom, huddles, teaching aids, systems, virtual, video, eLearning).
- Evaluate programs and delivery methods for effectiveness, participation and engagement and adapt delivery methodologies to improve knowledge transfer, retention and skill applicability.
- Coordinates regularly with department managers and leadership to identify needs for new hire training and continuous learning while ensuring assessments and certification as specified.
- Partner with leadership to identify opportunities where specific training would improve the level of service provided to our clients.
- Makes recommendations for enhancements to training materials to improve overall call center processes and performance. Collaborates with managers to ensure participant-centered experiences that lead to behavior or skill change.
- Schedule and coordination of training classes, registration, attendance records, preparation of materials and completion records.
- Tracks, inputs, maintains and audits individual associate training records in the company's learning management system ensuring company compliance standards.
- Manages and controls classroom environment by assessing behaviors and providing coaching and feedback skills to hold associates accountable to company standards.
- Provides coaching to new assocates during nesting period by actively monitoring calls for quality assurance, observing system navigation and measuring key performance indicators.
- Ensures education content is aligned to JCPenney core values associated with ethics, respect, inclusion and diversity.
- Utilizes project management skills to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Utilizes outstanding communication skills to build strong relationships with call center managers, human resources teams and subject matter experts across the organization to deliver educational solutions to meet business obnjectives.
- Stays current with company systems, tools, and initatives by particiapint in all company training and communiation as appropriate.
- Adopts a growth mindset to develop self and others through stretch assisgnments, career development plans and by giving and receiving constructive feedback.
Core Competencies, Education & Accomplishments:
- Gain throrough knowledge of all systems, procedures, techniques, equipment, operations, standards, and reports that apply to the Customer Care Center.
- A minimum of 2 years experience designing and facilitating successful training, ideally in a call center environment.
- A or BS in Education/Teaching,Training/Curriculum preferred or relevant experience in a development or related field.
- Must be able to effectively lead teams and demonstrate outstanding leadership skills.
- Lesson and curriculum planning and design skills.
- Experience delivering clear and concise content including onboarding, new hire, process updates, and continuing education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that lead and motivate others to meet established customer service levels.
- Excellent communication service skills - verbal, written, listening and telephone.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Must demonstate proficiency in computer skills and be able to navigate various computer platforms and sites with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to gather and analyze data from multiple sources.
- Modifies training style to accommodate a changing audidence.
- Must be a self-starter, exercise follow-through and demonstrate professional initiative on any matters presented whether they are inside or outside the normal scope of the role.
- Be able to work independently in a professional manner to identify and ensure achievement of goals and established timeframes.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible business experience as a facilitator and/or call center manager. Exposure to designing and developing learning strategies that drive performance improvement with a strong background in creating blended programs.
- Proven track record of organizing work, problem solving, analytical skills and critical thinking
- Passion and creativity for learning and commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Prior experience in call center operations preferred
- Software Skills: Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
Job Title: Customer Care Training Specialist
Location: Columbus, OH, United States -
Job ID: 1087628
J.C. Penney Company Inc.