Senior Engineer 1 UI – React - Digital Commerce -Bangalore
When it fits, you feel it. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers, and we're dedicated to fitting the diversity of America with unparalleled style and value. Working at JCPenney gives you the opportunity to help create meaningful experiences for the millions who shop at our more than 1,000 stores and jcp.com. We believe in quality that can be felt, fabrics that your skin loves, colors that go with you, and sizes and prices that invite you to buy for the whole family. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization. Find your fit at JCPenney.
Software Engineer – React - Digital Commerce You will partner with other key groups, including Mobile Apps, User Experience (UX), Product Owners, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, API Developers, Quality Assurance, Enterprise Systems, Operations, Marketing, Content Management, and others
- Architect our mobile web offering to scale to hundreds of millions of devices and traffic while also allowing for quick iterations.
- Work closely with UX/UI, product management and other teams to conceive, create & design unique mobile web experiences.
- Partner with the digital platform, enterprise architecture and infrastructure teams to ensure maximum scalability, elasticity, and extensibility of the digital platform
- Manage seamless integration of mobile technologies across projects
- Identify industry best practices for mobile responsive-adaptive web experiences and service-oriented architecture
- Advocate dev standards & frameworks in a test-driven development environment to maximize quality, efficiency & productivity
- Promote and evolve Agile Scrum methodology including lean requirements, delivery-focused rapid sprints, continuous integration, empowerment of individuals, elimination of waste and bureaucracy
- Serve as an expert / consultant on technologies related to mobile & retail
- Recruit, develop and retain an exceptional mobile team
Core Competencies, Accomplishments & Requirements:
- Passion for retail, technology, experience design and open source solutions
- Current or previous hands-on experience leading multiple developer teams in mobile and tablet retail commerce
- Experience leveraging SOAs with 3rdparty software solutions and building API-driven ecommerce or mobile apps / web
- Deep understanding of the key systems required in multi-channel retail
- Thorough knowledge of front-end web experience, particularly with HTML5, Java Script, Angular.js, CSS and WAP
- Thought leadership in responsive and adaptive web design, restful APIs, JSON/XML, networking protocols
- Strong portfolio of responsive-adaptive web experiences created under your leadership
- Successful track record as a hands-on developer Strong technical competency with ability to lead by example
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong professional and personal network of relevant technical talent
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field required, Master’s degree preferred
Job Title: Senior Engineer 1
Location: Bangalore, KA, India - Manyata Embassy Business Park, SEZ, G3 Wing A (Teak) Bloc, Floor 7-10
Job ID: 1087479
J.C. Penney Company Inc.