This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Based out of Dallas, TX metroplex. Travel required up to 75% (vehicle not provided, mileage reimbursement).
Schedule: This position is traveling and teaching salon classes Monday through Thursday. Friday work days are used to service clients behind the chair at JC Penney "home store" location. You will be working behind the chair 1 day/week, 1 week/quarter and as needed through holiday seasons. **Having a current clientele is necessary to fulfull time behind the chair.
- 2+ years of experience in salon industry education (i.e. brand educator, technical educator); experience educating both client facing and stylist facing
- Exposure being in front of a camera and supporting styling presentations, writing curriculum and working with influencers
- Stays up-to-date with new salon trends and styles through industry publications and communications
- Participates in on-going technical skills development through vendor-provided training and skill practice
- Plans and prepares for training workshop by arranging for needed materials (e.g., mannequins, products, videos, etc.) and performing all set-up activities prior to each workshop
- Builds positive relationships with field staff (Salon Management, Field Managers, General Managers, District Managers)
- Partners with store, home office and field staff to identify and address training needs, coordinates training content and troubleshoot and training opportunities
- Gathers and communicate feedback and input from salons regarding future training needs
- Travels throughout assigned territory to deliver technical skills workshops to participants using a variety of instructional techniques and formats, including video-based and classroom training, role-playing and simulations
- Delivers defined training content by communicating in a clear and compelling manner, leading/guiding skill-building sessions, and providing feedback and coaching to participants to ensure consistent technical execution
- Independently manages workshop environment to ensure a quality learning experience
- Reviews/evaluates participant skill development during training and makes determination or recommendations for additional training, as needed
Job Title: Artistic Lead Educator - Dallas/Ft. Worth
Location: Denton, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1087397
J.C. Penney Company Inc.