This job posting is no longer active.
As the Assistant Manager – Merchandise Operations you are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by leading and engaging associates, managing company merchandise standards and execution, training and developing associates and executing sales building programs.
- Customer Service & Sales – Models and holds team accountable for outstanding customer service. Actively listens to customer issues to resolve problems. Maximizes sales and service by ensuring staff is scheduled appropriately. Drive planning and execution of events and credit card acquisition.
- Store Operations – Owns in-stock levels, SET and door to floor processes. Maintains high merchandise presentations standards, actively leads the team in planning and execution of all merchandise and visual elements in the store, including the pricing and signing process. Promote company merchandise strategy and identifies local opportunities to drive sales. Oversees efficient and clean recovery process in the store.
- Stockroom & General Operations – Responsible for all stockroom processes, work safety initiatives, facility equipment, repairs and overall building maintenance. Oversees the cash office and owns receiving, shipping and logistics with third party carrier processes.
- Team Development – Partners with store management team to source and hire store talent for hourly positions. Plays an active role in the training and development of associates; coaches in the moment, addresses performance issues, and partners with the General Manager on succession planning for the store.
- Performance Standards – Consistently meets established performance standards; including but not limited to: shrink and safety initiatives, Omnichannel, scheduling efficiency, associate relations, engagement, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a manager will possess the following:
- Work experience- Minimum of 2 years retail leadership experience
- Education- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results. Provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
- Builds Relationships – Develops positive relationships: establishes strong networks, shows respect for different styles, and communicates effectively to a wide audience.
- Drives Change - Adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude. Coaches others through change.
- Shows Courage – A confident leader; willing to take on challenging assignments. Acts in accordance with beliefs and deals with conflict quickly and in a positive manner.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Assistant Manager Merchandise Operations - Monroeville, PA
Location: Monroeville, PA, United States -
Job ID: 1087262
J.C. Penney Company Inc.