This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Katy, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1087146
Date Updated: Apr 6, 2020
In-Home Custom Design
Do you possess the drive to work independently, exceed goals and build relationships? Are you continuously seeking out new and innovative ways to become the best in the design industry? If you want to be a part of a great organization committed to your success and build an exciting career, we want to hear from you. JCPenney In-Home Custom Design is looking for talented Design and Sales professionals to join our team. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an In-Home Decorator Consultant.
At JCPenney, we will give you the tools you need to create meaningful experiences. You will participate in best-in-class Training Program on your company provided iPad, that is self-paced, facilitated both electronically and through hands-on mentoring by shadowing a top performing Consultant in your district. We work with every major manufacturer of home décor (window treatments are primary major manufacturing partners) products, and you will consult in a variety of client situations from expansive homes to large real estate projects. We offer a competitive, tiered commission structure and a robust suite of professional resources at your fingertips to launch and grow your career!
At JCPenney, we strive to unlock the potential of America’s best, creating an unparalleled experience for our clients today, tomorrow and for life! Each and every day, we exude passion, integrity, teamwork, leadership, pride and respect!
JCPenney offers industry leading benefits:
• Paid training
• Benefits inclusive of medical, dental, 401K and paid time off
• Store Associate Discount
• Mileage reimbursement
• Tiered commission up to 18% commission
• iPad and iPhone for Design Consultants
• All fabric and vendor sample books provided
• Customer Experience: Provide a first class experience for every customer by helping with their window covering design needs and managing the customer experience through the order cycle.
• Designers touch: Provide a decorator’s recommendation on In-Home Custom Design, including hard window coverings, soft window coverings (curtains/draperies), bedding, and other home treatments to achieve maximum sales volume.
• Educate customers: Demonstrate knowledge of JCPenney In-Home Custom Design products and services, using this knowledge to build sales and customer base.
• Build a customer base: Through lead generation, prospecting, networking, presentations, exceptional customer service, building relationships with existing customer, referrals, and communicating effectively.
Skills and Characteristics:
Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer experience; execute you work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer’s experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency.
As a Consultant you must enjoy meeting, interacting, and building relationships with customers. We are seeking goal-oriented team players who also work well independently and are able to handle multiple priorities and quickly learn new processes and procedures. You must demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude while paying close attention to detail, design, and esthetic.
Other requirements of the role include:
• At least 2 – 3 years of consultative sales, retail, or related experience
• Design background or interior design degree, a plus
• Knowledge of iPad, PC data input and internet navigation skills
• Math acumen; ability to use calculator and measuring tape
• Ability to manage a client base within a 60 mile radius of assigned store
• Ability to handle physical requirements to accomplish daily responsibilities
• Flexibility and dependability with schedules, including availability on nights and weekends
• Local Travel required
• Must have a reliable form of transportation
• Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Job Title: Interior Design Consultant
Location: Katy, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1087146
J.C. Penney Company Inc.