RPAS Software Developer - Intermediate Level
When it fits, you feel it. JCPenney is one of the America’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers, and we're dedicated to fitting the diversity of America with unparalleled style and value. Working at JCPenney gives you the opportunity to help create meaningful experiences for the millions who shop at our more than 1,000 stores and jcp.com. We believe in quality that can be felt, fabrics that your skin loves, colors that go with you, and sizes and prices that invite you to buy for the whole family. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization. Find your fit at JCPenney.
The JCPenney IT Planning development team is looking for an experienced Intermediate Level Software Developer to join the Retail Planning application development team. This position is responsible for application code development within the Merchandise Planning area. This position will be working in a fast-paced waterfall/agile software development environment with multiple short and long term project deliveries. This position requires 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer/Developer in Oracle Retail Planning applications.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to explain complex ideas/issues to others with varying levels of expertise in non-technical, understandable terms
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Should be motivated to grow in the job role
- Oracle Assortment Plan, Item Plan, and Merchandise Financial Plan (Oracle RPAS) experience required
- Displays strong initiative in carrying out assignments
- 5+ years of application development experience in Oracle RPAS
- Development experience with Oracle Retail RPAS (Assort/Item Plan, Merchandise Financial Plan) application
- Experience implementing integrations using Informatica, TIBCO and/or messaging technology
- Proficient with best practices around design, code quality, code control using Subversion, release management using Jenkins or similar tools
- Good working knowledge and experience with application architectures and design (SaaS, XML, SOAP, REST)
- Trim coding use and knowledge of Korn Shell Scripting and PL/SQL
- Knowledge and experience with trim Relational Oracle Databases schema design, stored procedures, and developing queries with large volume of data preferred.
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, debugging, and optimizing software within complex applications
- Experience working in a complex environment with tight deadlines
- Willing to learn other integration tools and patterns and mentor junior team members on the same.
- Experience working with cross-functional global teams
- Proficient in integrating with source control frameworks such as Subversion
Nature & Scope of Job:
- Interact with technical and business teams at JCP and third parties as required
- Write technical design specifications for projects based on business needs
- Perform RPAS configuration code experience – HSA (Hybrid Storage Architecture), Fusion Client, and RPAS upgrade experience a plus along
- Perform code migration, code/environment management
- Perform unit testing of developed code
- Participate in end to end system testing with possible data refresh
- Perform troubleshooting, log analysis and performance tuning
- Provide post-production support of interfaces in the warranty period
- Perform peer code reviews and provide feedback
- Work with cross-functional global teams
Job Title: Senior Engineer 1
Location: Bangalore, KA, India - Manyata Embassy Business Park, SEZ, G3 Wing A (Teak) Bloc, Floor 7-10
Job ID: 1087138
J.C. Penney Company Inc.