Senior Manager, Home Office Support
We are seeking a highly self-motivated leader with a passion for people and technology. The ideal candidate has experience as an IT leader who will be a member of the JCP Support and Operations leadership team. In this role, you will oversee the Technology Solutions Center, responsible for managing Home Office Technology Support. In addition, this role will be responsible for Executive Support.
To be successful in this position, candidates must have experience in driving adoption of new strategies and processes, managing personnel matters, managing capital and expense budgets, and conducting general managerial duties.
- Directly manage the day to day activities of JCPenney Technology Solutions Center. Demonstrate thought leadership with a strong sense of ownership as a Senior Leader of the Operations and Support organization.
- Defines, designs and implements processes and procedures based on industry standard Information Develops future service management strategies and needs, identifying staff, tools and support requirements as necessary to ensure that operational and support processes are working as expected.
- Serve as point of escalation for major service disruptions to the stores, online, and distribution centers and ensures appropriate communication channels are used effectively to notify end users and stakeholders. This role required active involvement during Major Incidents.
- Collaborates with peer managers (onsite and offshore) to ensure execution is effective and efficient.
- Partner with IT Architects. Application Development teams, and Remedy development team acting as a key stakeholder/customer
- Build and continually develop relationships with the JCPenney IT Service Desk, Application Management teams, and broader IT organization
- Evaluates key metrics, KPI's and SLA's, performs analysis and provides reporting to leadership to drive consistency and repeatability of best practices: provides reporting and data concerning key performance indicators (KPIs) and trends to leadership.
- Manages staff including all levels of associates. Provides coaching and other performance feedback. Assigns tasks to staff to allow them to reach their development potential.
- Design and deliver effective key management reports and project updates and progress reports for JCP management. Understand the drivers of key metrics and proactively manage performance.
- Results driven leader able to effectively drive organizational change
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field of study
- 10+ years of demonstrable experience managing ITIL processes including, but not limited to Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, preferably within retail industry
- 10+ years’ direct people management (Hiring, Terminations, Appraisals, Salaries)
- Ability to lead process design discussions and organizational change across the IT organization.
- Working knowledge of the Remedy ITSM Platform or other similar ITSM tool
- Demonstrated track record of effectively balancing day to day operational needs with continual improvement needs of the department
- Strong collaboration skills as a member of a global leadership team (onsite/offshore model)
- Skilled in managing a budget, forecasting financial impacts and variances, and has experience in negotiating with 3rd party vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to transfer information easily to team members, stakeholders and senior leadership
- Excellent executive presence and ability to engage and properly interact with senior leadership
- Broad understanding of IT concepts, development practices, and architectures
- Retail/business experience preferred
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Senior Manager, Home Office Support
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1086929
J.C. Penney Company Inc.