This job posting is no longer active.
MicroStrategy Reporting Engineer 2
- Independently designs Reporting solutions based on requirements
- Works closely with Architects to design Reports, Semantic layer and data access architectures and frameworks for JCP BI products
- Create, maintain, and manage the technical documentation and artifacts for the Reporting architecture and design
- Act as a subject matter expert for Reporting technologies (MicroStrategy a must & OBIEE a plus)
- Design, develop, and implement scalable and robust Reporting solutions using the approved technology stack (e.g., MicroStrategy, OBIEE)
- Provides technical leadership and coaching to Software engineers and developers in the project team. Partners and communicates cross-functionally across the enterprise.
- Able to work in a continuous integration, continuous delivery (CICD) agile development environment.
- Interacts with business teams to gather, interpret and understand their business needs creating design specifications.
- Develops design to meet non-functional requirements. Continually reviews specifications for execution and suggests further improvements through automation, use of technology and best practice implementation
- Able to explain technical issues to senior leaders in the company, in non-technical, understandable terms.
- Effectively work on multiple projects (medium to big) deliverables with a sense of urgency, and deliver high quality results using best-practice methods.
- Support testing/deployment processes, work with team members to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Foster the continuous evolution of best practices within the development team to ensure reports and sematic measures standardization and consistency.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 5+ years of experience in Reporting domain
- 3+ or more Years of MicroStrategy experience with working knowledge of MicroStrategy 2019, Update 2 version.
- 5+ years of experience in design, development, testing and deployment of Reporting Solutions for large enterprises with following key areas of focus -
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with MicroStrategy
- Designing, optimizing and performance tuning MicroStrategy Semantic layer
- Dealing with complex reporting requirements
- Experience with at-least one Enterprise Scheduling package/tools
- Implementing MicroStrategy Reporting best practices, tuning and optimization
- SQL and Database Performance Tuning Experience required
- Experience in Oracle BI Applications including Retail Merchandise Analytics, Financial Analytics, HR Analytics a plus
- Good understanding of data warehouses, data marts, and data cubes desired. Understanding of complex data flows, data dependencies and relations, and develop data integration solution design which can support business needs
- Experience in migrating from one enterprise Reporting tool to another a plus (OBIEE to MicroStrategy a plus)
- Soft skills where strengths beyond core job profile are needed
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: MicroStrategy Reporting Senior Engineer
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1086985
J.C. Penney Company Inc.