This job posting is no longer active.
Merchandise Planning Senior Director - Planning & Allocation
The Merchandise Planning Sr Director manages the inventory planning and allocation process for assigned area of responsibility to deliver the Division and Company’s financial objectives.
- Establishes pre-season financial plans for sales, gross profit and inventory for the assigned area of responsibility that tie to company goals.
- Partners with GMM on the development of strategies to drive assortment and financials goals for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Oversees the in-season open-to-buy forecast to ensure optimal performance is achieved by week, month, quarter & season, while managing to planned goals.
- Presents the monthly financial forecast to senior leadership to communicate financial risks/opportunites for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Provides markdown leadership during pre-season planning and in-season to optimize gross profit.
- Develops seasonal transition strategies for assigned areas and ensure they align with Company strategies.
- Collaborates with the Merchants in developing, managing and reviewing financial targets and results for both private and national brands as applicable.
- Partners with SVP Planning & GMM to create the Strategic Business Plan that defines the strategic intent for the Division.
- Leads planning team in quantification of advertised items and key items to drive financial performance.
- Oversees the content and development of ad hoc business reports and recaps for the division (with Divisional Planner Manager).
- Coordinates key operational elements impacting profit including advertising co-op, cost concessions, merchandise charges, freight, and shrinkage.
- Leads the Allocation team in the the creation and execution of allocation strategies for area of responsibility to support the assortment strategy and in stock goals to deliver the financial objectives of the area of responsibility.
- Ensures receipt flow supports turn targets, in-stock goals and replenishment needs for the MATs.
- Collaborates with Inventory Planning Director on location level (volume grade, climate, and region) and assortment architecture strategies to optimize sales and inventory.
- Hires, coaches and develops a world class Planning & Allocation team.
- Provides leadership and fosters professional growth of the team to prepare for future roles.
- Meets established performance standards for the role consistently, including (but not limited to) financial objectives for area of responsibility.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree preferred. Graduate degree desirable.
- 15+ years progressively responsible experience in business, planning, allocation and/or merchandising.
- Strong understanding of key performance indicators.
- Strategic Planning, Problem solving, Communication & Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Prior experience in Oracle Merchandise Financial Planning and SAS MDO is a plus.
- Implements With Excellence - Develops and prioritizes short and long range plans that are comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting company goals.
- Embraces A Growth Mindset - Proposes and listens to new ideas that improve our products, stores, or practices. Applies ideas and champions new initiatives.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Merchandise Planning Senior Director - Planning & Allocation
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1086923
J.C. Penney Company Inc.