Digital Sr. Specialist - Omni Channel Analytics
The primary responsibility of the Digital Sr Specialist – Omni Channel Analytics is to utilize a broad range of data metrics, tools, and analytics to develop data driven insights, identify new opportunities, and create a compelling story that can persuasively drive change for our customers and business partners. We are seeking an experienced analyst passionate about using data to help the team understand our customer better and to transform their digital shopping experience by working directly with E-Commerce and internal business partners to leverage cross-platform data and extract actionable business insights. You’ll fuel conversion rate optimization by data mining multiple data sets, identifying opportunities, establishing metrics to measure the success of online channel enhancements, and creates insight driven presentations with actionable tactics and strategies that drive high converting user experience for online and online-influenced store traffic.
- Utilizes a broad range of data metrics, tools, and analytics to identify opportunities and deliver insights to the eCommerce Strategy & Insights team and its business partners.
- Clearly translate data points into a compelling data story, easily digestible presentations, insights, and recommendations
- Prepare and produce customer insights and analytics reports on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis
- Manage data pulls of varying size and complexity to identify new business or optimization opportunities, develop new cohorts and customer segments
- Ensure accuracy of data reporting and develop measurement plans for customer acquisition, conversion, & retention
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish KPIs and related metrics for new products, site enhancements, and site redesigns that support customer engagement and conversion
- Proactively analyze the website(s) on the entire customer journey, from acquisition through post purchase, for areas of opportunity and actionable recommendations to build loyalty & trust, increase return rates and increase basket sizes
- Manage the E2E funnel analytics for JCP.Com and work with Category, Site Experience, UX, Browse and Search Partners to develop strategies to improve customer experience, promote the JCPenney value proposition, and resolve funnel leakage; prioritizing initiatives that deliver short-term results and learning while maintaining progress toward the long-term vision
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Understanding and application of principles and practices of Category and Customer Management (analysis of assortment, pricing, promotion, shopper) A history of generating insights and packaging them in a way that persuasively drives change.
- 3-5 years hands-on experience with digital analytics and visualization programs and databases, specifically: Adobe Analytics tools (Report Builder, Workspace, Data Warehouse, etc), Google Analytics & Tableau; Business Objects; proficiency in SQL
- Experience with statistical analysis methods
- Experience in market research and consumer behavior analysis
- Experience managing online and offline data sets
- Developed understanding of common web/e-commerce metrics and definitions
- Ability to transform complex data sets from multiple platforms into actionable insights
- Understanding of good User Center Design and Customer experience principles
- Highly adaptable, with a positive growth mindset and strong sense of accountability and integrity
- High degree of critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, ability to learn and apply new concepts & technologies in a wide variety of analytic, marketing, and customer-centric disciplines
- Resilient personality and comfort acting as an agent for change
- BS/MS preferably in statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, actuarial sciences, systems engineering, information management or business/marketing related fields or equivalent industry experience
- Proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint is required to assimilate new ideas and information quickly
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, drive change, and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and shift priorities seamlessly
- Excellent communication & organization skills
- Ability to work through problems and reach a workable solution
- Strong aptitude in math and web analytics
- Strong Project Management/ Program management skills
- CPG, Merchandising and Consumer Retail experience preferred
- Working knowledge of R and/or Python an advantage
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Digital Sr. Specialist - Omni Channel Analytics
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1086854
J.C. Penney Company Inc.