Director, Integrated Marketing Strategy
The Director, Integrated Marketing Strategy will support and assist the VP- Marketing in the development, implementation and analysis of enterprise Brand Strategy and activities which support achievement of sales and profit objectives of the company’s enterprise efforts; provides counsel and assistance on related matters, and ensures the effective communication of programs.
- Establishes brand communication strategy based on data and insights, prepares the creative briefs, evaluates communication & messaging of campaigns, as well as managing multiple internal & external stakeholders and internal marketing disciplines to ensure consistency.
- Ensures a total market approach to campaigns, balancing Hispanic and general population insights. When appropriate, develops strategy for specific, culturally relevant communications to the Hispanic market.
- Manages the development and implementation of integrated marketing plans across seasons, larger activations and holidays for the JCPenney enterprise.
- Maintains brand integrity across all company marketing initiatives and communications, and may manage a portfolio of products.
- Manages all elements of assigned projects and programs to ensure exemplary execution and project implementation, budgeting, estimating, expense control, scheduling and meeting of due dates.
- Evaluates or ensures the evaluation of programs and activities for the most efficient utilization of cross-functional resources.
- Works closely with internal media team to strategically plan, and weight messaging in broadcast (TV/Radio rotation planning)
- Works closely with the internal media team to execute media integrations for broadcast, print, and digital
- Counsels associates at senior management levels on the development, implementation, operation and analyses of programs. When appropriate, disseminates new techniques, and approaches to Company management.
- Monitors the measurement and results of programs as assigned.
- Recommends continuation, revision or elimination of programs to ensure program effectiveness.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of progressively responsible business experience is required; prefer advertising agency background. Retail and fashion category experience ideal.
- Experience with both brand strategy development as well as execution of programs required from a big brand. Integrated marketing experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in campaign management is a prerequisite, as is extensive experience in working with large-scale, national production.
- Direct report management experience with demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor.
- Proven ability to interface effectively and comfortably with associates at all levels of the organization utilizing leadership skills and the aptitude to work with and negotiate with other departments.
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs through effective use of communication skills in formal and informal settings.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Director, Integrated Marketing Strategy
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1086825
J.C. Penney Company Inc.