This job posting is no longer active.
Talent Development Learning Sr. Specialist
The Talent Development Learning Sr. Specialist will support and assist the Learning Sr. Manager in delivering innovative, cutting-edge training experiences and role-specific blending training solutions for front line and leadership development. Works on multiple projects and partners closely with subject matter experts (SMEs). Leverages relationship building and collaboration skills to drive results. This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
- Oversees the training in all key areas of call center operations to include, but not limited to new hire onboarding, job skills certification, computer-based skills, systems integration, implementation of processes and procedures, front-line associate development and leadership development
- Deliver learning objectives based on customer requirements and sound expertise. Deliver training using various methods of delivery and media (classroom, web, video, eLearning).
- Deliver solutions that drive organizational and individual excellence
- Schedule and coordination of training classes, registration, attendance records, preparation of materials and completion records.
- Tracks, inputs, maintains and audits individual associate training records in the company’s learning management system ensuring company compliance standards.
- Evaluate programs for training effectiveness, participation and future needs.
- Ensures that education content is aligned to JCP core values associated with respect, inclusion and diversity.
- Utilizes project management skills to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Utilizes outstanding communication skills to build strong relationships with SMEs across the organization and within the HR team to deliver educational solutions.
- Stays current on learning industry trends and best practices. Collaborates with facilitator to ensure participant-centered experiences that lead to behavior or skill change.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- BA or BS in Education/Teaching,Training/Curriculum preferred or relevant experience in a development or related field.
- Must be able to effectively lead teams and demonstrate outstanding leadership skills.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible business experience as a facilitator and/or call center manager. Exposure to designing and developing learning strategies that drive performance improvement with a strong background in creating blended programs.
- Proven track record of organizing work, problem solving, analytical skills and critical thinking
- Passion and creativity for learning and commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Prior experience in call center operations preferred
- Software Skills: Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Talent Development Learning Sr. Specialist
Location: Columbus, OH, United States -
Job ID: 1086782
J.C. Penney Company Inc.