Senior Project Manager –
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers with 800+ stores and jcp.com. We are a diverse community of people, all working together to bring sensational style, sensible prices and the best service possible to our customers. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to work in an energetic, respectful, collaborative environment. With a wide array of jobs, internships, training and more, there are countless opportunities for you to grow your career with us.
The Senior Project Manager will report to Senior Manager of Enterprise Checkout and will be part of the team that is responsible for all project management deliverables for the group.
Critical Primary Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the business work intake process for the portfolio, partnering with other application development portfolios and the support team.
- Coordinate the preparation, planning, and implementation of application turnover to the support organization projects in the portfolio
- Track software and hardware maintenance and support renewals across the portfolio and work with Procurement and Finance for all requests.
- Plan content for staff project meetings.
- Prepare project charter, project funding, and capital request documents for the portfolio with input from leadership
- Lead and consolidate the project monthly financial forecast variance. Prepare appropriate reports for management.
Critical Skills & Experiences:
- Candidate should be task oriented
- Should have the ability
- to assign task and drive to completion
- set priorities for themselves and the team
- Candidate should have sense of urgency and take ownership of the work.
- Candidate should be able to collaborate, and get needed project information and status from
- Candidates should have the ability to quickly identify there is a risk to the project (schedule/resource/budget/timeline), and quickly mitigate/escalate those issue(s)
- Experience or demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Technology skills needed or preferred
- Subject matter area skills needed or preferred
- Methodologies and/or technology framework knowledge needed (examples: Agile, TOGAF, ITIL)
- Soft skills where strengths beyond core job profile are needed
Job Title: Tech Project Mgr 2
Location: Bangalore, KA, India - Manyata Embassy Business Park, SEZ, G3 Wing A (Teak) Bloc, Floor 7-10
Job ID: 1086835
J.C. Penney Company Inc.