Technical Project Manager 2 - Oracle Center of Excellence
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager 2 to manage Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) Implementations across multiple (average 3-4) concurrent tracks and help with PMO process improvement/maturity. This is a new role within the Oracle Center of Excellence team, which will serve as a key leader within the PMO. This role will work with IT leadership (vice presidents, directors), project managers, development leads, and Business Leads. If you thrive in working with multiple teams, new technology, with an ability to influence business and technical leaders in a fast paced environment, have strong problem solving skills, and excellent communication skills we want to talk to you.
- Maintain the overall program schedule and milestone tracking tools to track progress against the baseline work plan, working with delivery leads and project managers for each track
- Manage Project-level planning to track milestones and deliverables impacting multiple projects, releases, tracks and dependencies (for example: coordinate with Testing Center on End-to-end test planning across a release, coordinate with Business and Change Management leads for Training requirements across tracks)
- Manage project’s financials including budgeting, and forecasting
- Develop project management processes and metrics
- Support work plan generation and maintenance
- Support weekly Program Status Report generation (accomplishments, in progress, risks, issues, metrics) and Monthly Steering Committee communication
- Facilitate weekly / monthly manager / leadership meetings
- Manage Project level Risk and Issue Management process
- Support project controls and communications
- Manage the Financials of programs and projects including Budget, Forecast, and Actual tracking
- Work closely with the functional managers (both onsite and offshore) to ensure PMO processes are aligned with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Utilizing standard project management processes / tools, assess project status and provide recommendations and execute on course corrections as needed (don’t just measure, actively engage to fix the problem)
- Provide coaching and guidance to contractors project managers.
- Provide thought leadership for PMO strategy development
- Assist with PMO maturity through governance and training
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Project Management Certification is required.
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis, and techniques for problem solving in a program management setting
- Previous experience with Oracle financials/Project accounting is required
- Manages PO requisitions, SOW, Invoices, and work confirmations
- Intermediate knowledge of analytics; should be able to create/understand OBIEE reports, capital/expense and variance reports
- Competency with Excel, Pivot tables,Clarity and updating forecast in PMOTL
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Hands-on experience managing various software development methodologies and principles (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative) required.
- Experience managing release cycles or programs involving multiple projects managers and cross-functional development/testing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects and be highly detail oriented
- Program/Project Management experience in software development required. Previous experience managing programs in Oracle Retail environment would be of high-value but not required.
- Excellent ability to communicate (written and verbal) with multiple levels of leadership as well as cross-functional business and technical teams.
- Advanced proficiency with tools such as JIRA, SharePoint, and Excel
- Creative problem solving, organization, attention to detail, flexibility and adaptability are crucial to the success of this role.
- Previous experience as a Scrum Master would be of high value.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Technical Project Manager 2 - Oracle Center of Excellence
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1086541
J.C. Penney Company Inc.