UX Researcher - User Experience Design
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
We are seeking a UX Researcher to support multiple research projects across JCPenney’s omnichannel ecosystems, spanning digital as well as store environments. The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, strategic in executing research, and committed to creating user-centered customer experiences. This is a subject matter expert role focused on utilizing actionable research methods and design thinking protocols to help stakeholders understand customer needs, behaviors, and expectations with the goal of informing both tactical as well as strategic efforts. This role will work closely with senior researchers, product leaders, marketers, data analysts, and engineers throughout the product development lifecycle and help translate research findings into actionable insights to improve usability, conversion, customer retention and engagement.
- Help plan and conduct generative and evaluative user research studies by employing a variety of research methodologies to gauge customer experience impact and track user success measures.
- Create compelling narratives and visual models to communicate actionable insights uncovered through discovery research activities as well as design thinking exercises.
- Synthesize qualitative research findings with other available quantitative metrics to cross-analyze and translate data into results that have a clear, direct impact on product design.
- Analyze qualitative data and create video highlights to communicate research findings to stakeholders.
- Support multiple concurrent research activities through close alignment with design, product, and development.
- Help research team facilitate design thinking sessions, and apply design thinking principles to deliver effective solutions for a range of ecommerce and omnichannel strategic projects that include store experiences as well as the digital ecosystems.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Foundational understanding of behavioral research methodologies
- Experience conducting qualitative research and proficiency in analyzing data sets and translating it into actionable insights.
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative skills to arrive at well thought-out, and data supported recommendations.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong written/verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: UX Researcher - User Experience Design
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1086489
J.C. Penney Company Inc.