Senior UX Researcher - User Experience Design
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
We are seeking a Sr. UX Researcher to support multiple research projects across JCPenney’s omnichannel ecosystems, spanning digital as well as store environments. The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, strategic in executing research, and committed to creating user-centered customer experiences. This is a subject matter expert role focused on utilizing actionable research methods and design thinking protocols to help stakeholders understand customer needs, behaviors, and expectations with the goal of informing both tactical as well as strategic efforts. This role will work closely with senior researchers, product leaders, marketers, data analysts, and engineers throughout the product development life-cycle and help translate research findings into actionable insights to improve usability, conversion, customer retention and engagement.
- Plan and conduct generative and evaluative user research studies by employing a variety of research methodologies such as Standard Usability Testing, Comparative Testing, Ethnographic Studies, Contextual Inquiry, Rapid Iterative Testing, Prototype Testing, Concept Validation, Card-Sorting, Benchmarking, etc. to gauge customer experience impact and track user success measures.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to help facilitate design thinking sessions, and apply design thinking principles to deliver effective solutions for a range of ecommerce and omnichannel strategic projects that include store experiences as well as the digital ecosystems.
- Create compelling narratives and visual models to communicate actionable insights uncovered through discovery research activities as well as design thinking exercises.
- Conduct journey mapping and design thinking activities and collaboratively work with stakeholders to socialize and communicate customer pain points, user expectations and needs through aggregated learnings and established best practices.
- Identify the best research method or mix of methods needed for a project based on research question assessments, timelines and available resources.
- Partner with product design, analytics, big-data, and consumer insights to track, measure and optimize the performance of existing, as well as proposed user experiences.
- Manage multiple concurrent research activities through close alignment with design, product, and development.
- Leverage lean design principles to advise partners and stakeholders on appropriate research opportunities and best practices at various stages of the product design lifecycle.
- Synthesize qualitative research findings with other available quantitative metrics to cross-analyze and translate data into results that have a clear, direct impact on product design.
- Be a highly effective communicator and influencer who can act as a customer advocate to make user-centered design the center stage of product strategy.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 6+ years of experience leading and managing user research projects in user-centered and service design focused environments; retail ecommerce experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology, or related field; post-graduate degree in a research or design discipline preferred
- Advanced proficiency in evaluating user interactions and identifying opportunities to improve digital experiences is a must; also required is a demonstrated ability to conduct remote and in-person usability studies.
- Proven track record executing all aspects of the research lifecycle (study design, recruitment screener, facilitation, analysis, reporting, and executive presentations).
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative skills to arrive at well thought-out, and data supported recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to translate stakeholder needs into clear research objectives and design thinking activities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong written/verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touch-point, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Senior UX Researcher - User Experience Design
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1086490
J.C. Penney Company Inc.