Job Title: Supply Chain Project Specialist
The Supply Chain Project specialist will work as a part of the merchandising and supplier support team to optimize shipping methods both into and within the company. The Project Specialist position will work with JCPenney merchandising teams, transportation, operations, sourcing, and external suppliers to optimize of the flow of merchandise through the JCPenney network. Specific focus areas for this role will include responding to inquiries in the Supply Chain Support common mailbox and basic reporting.
- Efficiently respond to inbound inquiries to the Supply Chain Support common mailbox with thorough responses that answer the question or direct the question to the necessary party
- Review and process cross channel transfer requests through the mailbox and to the sharepoint
- Work with merchandising teams to troubleshoot issues presented by the supply chain facilities including RETs, RTV/RTW, debit memos, special projects, and any other errors or issues that may arise that may prevent units from flowing through operational processes.
- Develop, format, and analyze basic reporting in Microsoft Excel. Includes weekly reporting to go out to network leadership as well as ad-hoc requests to support decision making processes.
- Evaluate cost/speed of different shipment methods to make transportation decisions that are both cost effective and meet the business needs of internal customers and the end customer
- Work cross functionally with other teams within supply chain as well as other business units within the Home Office on projects and initiatives to drive business
- Identify and monitor priority orders and maintain delivery requirements through partnership with transportation department
- Maintaining daily reporting utilized by multiple departments across the company
- Partnering with external suppliers to ensure all JCPenney requirements are met for inbound shipments
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by Supply Chain Project Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or 2+ years related work experience
- Lean/Six Sigma training preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft office – Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Requires the ability to deal with heavy email traffic
- Consistently meets deliverable deadlines
Job Title: Sup Chain Project Specialist
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1086409
J.C. Penney Company Inc.