Combines in-depth product knowledge and passion for service to deliver excellent customer experiences, build clientele, and drive profitable growth for JCPenney and the home decorating business.
- Partners with other departments in planning and executing special events.
- Consults with customers to assess their current and future needs, spends time educating the customer on merchandise possibilities, and offers style/trend/decorating advice.
- Coordinate and create new, updated decorating ideas for customers and make purchase recommendations.
- Facilitates Style + Substance classes or demonstrations based on company or in-store schedule.
- Maintains schedule for customer appointments and provides an excellent customer service environment in the Styling Room.
- Assists with Productivity Standards Program processes.
- Maintains sales floor recovery processes to ensure a clean and organized store environment.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a Home Design Expert will possess the following:
- Friendly, outgoing, and approachable; confident in own ability and presents self as being a home design/decorating expert.
- Passionate about customer service and is aware of current trends, merchandise assortments, and coordinating items that are available in store and online @ jcp.com.
- Quickly builds relationships to collaborate with other businesses in the store, especially in In-Home Custom Window, Window Coverings, and Mattresses.
- Social media aware - understands and follows the Company Policies for posting and engaging in Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and how to interact or assist customers with their personal posts.
- Tech savvy - ability to navigate, troubleshoot, and assist customers with the Design Kiosk.
- Confident in facilitating knowledge, expertise, and instruction while interacting with a customer or presenting a class/demonstration.
- Actively and enthusiastically drives prescribed sales results.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Home Design Expert - North East Mall
Location: Hurst, TX, United States - North East Mall 1101 Melbourne Dr Ste 5000
Job ID: 1086256
J.C. Penney Company Inc.