Lead all shipping/receiving and merchandise processes that drive profitable sales growth and contribute to enhancing the customer experience.
- Leads the merchandise handling/door to floor prep process to achieve productivity targets by setting goals and monitoring pace of work from merchandise handling associates.
- Leads the reverse logistics process of recycling materials and any merchandise shipping out of store to warehouse, vendor or customer.
- Contributes to fulfillment processes by shipping online orders prepared by fulfillment team, jcp.com order receiving, sorting, and binning.
- Maintains working relationships and understands schedules with shipping carriers (UPS, FEDEX, USPS).
- Provides for the safe and orderly storage of fixtures and ensures the preparation of claims for incomplete or damaged shipments.
- Supports company shrink and safety initiatives.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
To achieve success at JCPenney, a supervisor will possess the following:
- Minimum of 1- year retail experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Detail-oriented – ability to update and monitor activities for multiple tasks.
- Able to manage workflow to complete responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Able to quickly build relationships with others.
- Urgent and acts decisively and quickly.
- Intensity- Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Merchandise Handling Lead - North East Mall
Location: Hurst, TX, United States - North East Mall 1101 Melbourne Dr Ste 5000
Job ID: 1086134
J.C. Penney Company Inc.