This job posting is no longer active.
Art Director - Creative Packaging
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The Art Director is responsible for developing artwork for the creative production of JCPenney Private Brand packaging in support of Company, Product Development, and Merchandise objectives.
- Designs creative branding for new and established private brands in line with PD&D directives. Creates, manages, communicates, and executes brand and packaging standards for network integration. Ensures proper network relationships maintain brand integrity for consistent multi-channel delivery and assimilation.
- Conceptualizes and designs the creative development of ideas for private brand retail/enterprise packaging that support brand and product objectives. Develops these ideas into innovative cost effective packaging to improve sales and consumer perceptions of the Company and JCPenney Private Brands.
- Acts as liaison to outside creative services such as design agencies, photo studios, color separators, global packaging suppliers, and contractors for program/packaging development and proofing/evaluation of samples and production.
- Develops and executes photographic strategy in collaboration with Creative Packaging Director, Creative Packaging Sr. Art Directors, and network teams to establish brand and creative standards for photographers/photo studios. Develops and maintains an efficient shoot schedule and shot list.
- Directs photographers, assistants, stylists, models, and set builders to achieve maximum productivity and brand continuity. Directs post-production digital processing for color corrections, retouching, and proofing final press ready digital files.
- Reviews and checks all artwork to ensure brand standards and program continuity for creative template, imagery, consumer messaging, FTC compliance, legal clearance of images/key content, language translations, and Company policy prior to submitting to senior management for approval. Provides personal accountability for the accuracy of program development, proofing, and final artwork for assigned projects.
- Regularly compiles and shares a resource file of competitive analysis of other retailers to ensure competitiveness in current design and consumer communication.
- Regularly compiles and shares a resource file of JCPenney in-store packaging audits to ensure quality and standards are being met in global production.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Education – College art school graduate or equivalent design work experience.
- Experience – At least 4-6 years packaging design/layout experience for total media production, proven technical/management skills preferably directing, leading, and training creative services/personnel.
- Core/Positional Competencies – Organizing multiple work projects, building/maintaining relationships, and communicating clearly and timely with key relationship partners. Excellent knowledge/proficiencies in evolving technology for creative design, project management, media production, and packaging principals. Proficient skills in Mac Platform, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and FileMaker Pro.
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what’s new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com
Job Title: Art Director - Creative Packaging
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1085984
J.C. Penney Company Inc.