This job posting is no longer active.
NOW HIRING Temp-to-Hire Customer Care Rep 1 - $12.50
$12.50 an hour - Full-time, Part-time
Join us at the JCPenney Columbus, OH Call Center
Temp-to-Hire Entry Level Customer Care Representative 1 Associates
- Hiring Full-time & Part-time
- Pay starts at $12.50/hour
- Shift Differentials
- Flexible Schedules
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discount – up to 25%
Apply Online at:
Provides front-line customer service via the telephone and other media sources with the primary objective of taking sales orders while suggesting additional products and/or services. Strives for first call resolution by providing excellent customer service.
- Provides customer service via telephone and other media sources to take sales orders.
- May assess needs and suggest alternative products or services to drive add on sales.
- Strives for first call resolution with customers
- Operates a computerized system to enter sales information or conduct basic tracking/information gathering for JCPenney merchandise orders.
- Communicates with customers regarding availability of merchandise, shipping information, method of payment, transportation charges and other component costs of current or previous orders.
- Submits adjustments for simple, shortage, promotional, damage and incorrect pricing on previous orders.
- Performs job functions within established acceptable performance standards to include production and accuracy
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Ability to appreciate the customer’s perspective by showing empathy, patience, and treating a customer the way they would expect to be treated.
- Good verbal communication skills: Positive attitude and approaching issues with an optimistic “can do” spirit.
- Active listening to fully understanding and acknowledging the issue before addressing.
- Interpersonal skills: Being able to read the needs of the customer and adjust behaviors to maximize service and sales.
- Insightful product knowledge to drive sales. Private brand awareness and the ability to drive customer loyalty.
- Comfort level with suggesting additional products/services to customers
- Possess advanced customer relations skills, including active listening, empathy, conflict resolution and organized problem-solving skills.
- Understand and professionally communicate customer inquiry procedures and policy to customers, as the situation may dictate.
- Satisfactory writing skills as applicable to keyboarding communications.
- Computer keyboarding and navigating capability to multi-task during customer interactions.
- Understanding of basic mathematical skills, including complex percentages.
- 1 year call center experience
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.50 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Communication method(s) used:
Job Title: Seasonal Customer Care Rep 1
Location: Columbus, OH, United States - Cust Care Contct Ctr 5555 Scarborough Blvd
Job ID: 1085775
J.C. Penney Company Inc.