The IT Technician installs and supports products, processes and hardware related to execution of supported Customer’s daily business operation.
- Develops understanding of business processes being supported by operational unit.
- Demonstrates ability to interact with business customers and reacts accordingly to changing environments and business needs.
- Supports the organization’s project management policies, practices, and methodology. Follows operational standards for reporting, monitoring, troubleshooting, and documenting issues.
- Participates in assigned project teams including system upgrades and other local IT Field Operations initiatives.
- Analyzes and resolves incidents and problems of low complexity ensuring ARs are updated accurately and in a timely manner. Communicates with IT teams and vendors to resolve local incidents and problems; participates in turnover meetings.
- Takes corrective actions and/or escalates issues appropriately to achieve timely recovery with minimum impact to customer.
- Assesses issue and recommends alternative actions for incident and problem resolution.
- Assists in installation, customization, implementation, and maintenance of operations and PC LAN related equipment involving physical exertion or lifting up to 50lbs of material, tools, equipment or machines.
- Provides technical support for issues of low to medium complexity; including installation, set-up, maintaining, cabling and replacing of all standard PC/LAN systems.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Technical Institute/Associate Degree in Computer Science or Info Systems; equivalent formal training
- Basic aptitude for logical thinking and analytical processes
- Good communication skills, written and verbal and sharing of ideas
- Basic partnering and teamwork skills
- Customer focus
- Performs assigned tasks with supervision; manages tasks within allotted time
- Serial tasking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of PC / LAN hardware troubleshooting and basic knowledge of workstation software
- Working knowledge of Windows networking and operating system
- Working knowledge of Unix operating systems
- Ability to use Change Control and Problem Management software.
- Work experience with IT support, PC/LAN and other related hardware/software
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: IT Technician
Location: San Bernardino, CA, United States - 5959 Palm Ave
Job ID: 1085729
J.C. Penney Company Inc.