This job posting is no longer active.
Market Investigator – Sacramento and San Francisco Markets
The Market Investigator will drive business objectives by supporting stores and the JCPenney Company in the investigation and resolution of cases related to Organized Retail Crime and other external theft activity. Market Investigators are responsible for executing tactical plans and strategies to stop criminal actions to drive profitability.
- Assists in and conducts investigative activities related to Organized Retail Crime (ORC)
- Gathers and analyzes intelligence on individuals and groups involved in ORC
- Thoroughly documents information gathered to aid in successful prosecution
- Provides guidance to store AP teams on investigative plans
Law Enforcement & Court Hearings
- Upon successful completion of investigation, refers cases to law enforcement for prosecution
- Attends hearings as required and updates appropriate files with court-related outcomes
- Maintains relationship with local law enforcement
- Supports stores in cases of significant business disruptions (robbery, protests, natural disasters, etc.)
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of investigations experience in a retail store environment
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
J.C. Penney Company Inc.