JCPenney Logistics and Fulfillment has a great seasonal opportunity for you! Seasonal employment is expected to span from 90 to 120 days and intended to provide additional support during our Peak Season.
The General Warehouse Associate 1 position will participate in a variety of general warehouse activities including but not limited to Shipping, Receiving, Order Filling, Merchandise Handling, Packing and Processing, Fulfillment and Warehousing.
- Manual and clerical inventory support in processing and verifying merchandise/cartons.
- Checks and inspects cartons to reflect accurate quantity and condition for further processing.
- Prepares cartons for processing by:
- Locating, preparing and affixing appropriate labels.
- Packing, labeling, and scanning cartons, as required.
- Sorting and routing cartons.
- Entering appropriate information in inventory systems as required.
- Loading, unloading, and picking, as required.
- Prepares merchandise for distribution, including:
- Checks, inspects, and logs data into the appropriate inventory systems to reflect the quantity and condition of merchandise received or distributed.
- Takes necessary steps to prepare merchandise for inventory and distribution.
- Inspects merchandise visually to determine disposition, as assigned.
- Enters/logs appropriate data into on-line systems, as required.
- Performs one or more stock handling tasks, such as:
- Packing, unpacking, banding, and assembling merchandise.
- Sorting and routing merchandise
- Weighing merchandise.
- Moves cartons from one location to another, either manually or mechanically.
- Picking, labeling, and scanning, as required.
- Operates simple warehouse equipment as necessary.
- Performs other related manual tasks, as assigned.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Requires the ability to understand and follow general and/or written instructions. Involves the use of elementary arithmetic.
- Familiarity with use of contemporary merchandise processing equipment (i.e. hand-held scanners)
- Familiarity with use of warehouse equipment and inventory systems.
- Ability to learn computer processing systems.
- Ability to work efficiently
- Ability to determine which prescribed steps to take to process problem cartons and to resolve identified discrepancies.
- Physical Essential Function (Lifting): Frequent 0 – 30lbs; Occasional 30 – 75lbs
- Six months experience in the same or related tasks is preferable.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: SEASONAL - General Warehouse 1
Location: Forest Park, GA, United States - 120 Penney Rd
Job ID: 1085469
J.C. Penney Company Inc.