This job posting is no longer active.
Analyzes transportation patterns, needs, and resources to drive efficient transportation flow promoting CustomerFirst service for both the assigned facility and Supply Chain organization.
- Conducts research, develops supporting data, and reports the findings to management encompassing all transportation related activities affecting the unit/facility.
- Works with Operations Management to drive efficient execution of all transportation related functions.
- Works as assigned by Regional Transportation Managers or Home Office to coordinate network-wide programs or perform studies.
- Provides guidance to managers on questions regarding transportation policies and procedures, transportation and expense guidelines, and transportation regulatory issues.
- Takes responsibility for network-wide service monitoring and enforcement for assigned carriers.
- Analyzes methods to improve transportation efficiency through collaboration with operating departments, data analysis, and visits to new and existing operations.
- Provides expedited routings for shipments which have mandatory delivery dates not obtainable through normal service.
- Performs network-wide studies and analysis as directed by the Regional Transportation Manager or Home Office.
- Coordinates and directs inbound and outbound transportation functions for assigned unit/facility, which include monitoring equipment needs and maintaining efficient scheduling for the daily operation of the unit/facility.
- Assumes daily analyst functions for Analysts at other facilities during their absence.
- Formulates new and revised transportation related programs, procedures, and forms with procedure writers, other Transportation management, IT, and Home Office Transportation.
Degree with a major in transportation or equivalent business experience preferred.
Intermediate skills with spreadsheet, Word processing, and database tools.
Core Competencies: Problem Solving, Big Picture Thinker, Organizing & Executing, Innovation, Adaptive Performance, Decision Making, Quality, Communication, Customer Focus, and Teamwork
Positional Competencies: Working knowledge transportation laws and regulations.
Job Title: Transportation Specialist
Location: Haslet, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1085306
J.C. Penney Company Inc.