This job posting is no longer active.
District Asset Protection Manager San Francisco Bay Market
As the District Asset Protection Manager you will lead administration of Asset Protection programs and training for an assigned district in order to drive sales, profits, and a customer service culture.
• Shrinkage and Safety-
o Oversees Asset Protection Programs by providing leadership and guidance to Asset Protection teams and General Managers on methods to successfully execute programs in stores
o Reviews operational execution of the shrink and safety program, physical security standards, Sephora & Fine Jewelry operations, operational processes that impact shrink, and compliance of company policies
o Reviews Asset Protection metrics for unfavorable trends and ensures appropriate actions are in place to prevent losses by assessing in-store actions and results
o Reviews Shrinkage Action Plans to ensure plans are impactful, actionable and executable
o Ensures timely investigation of all issues of safeness, theft and fraud impacting stores, customers and associates
o Supervises all internal investigations in assigned district, attends court hearings as required
o Reviews and approves all internal case reports
o Maintains relationship with local law enforcement
• Team Development-
o Communicates shrinkage awareness and shrinkage reduction strategies to Store and Asset Protection teams, and follows up to ensure stores are executing strategies
o Frequently conducts developmental conversations with direct reports
o Reviews Asset Protection Training reports to ensure training is completed for each Asset Protection associate
o Coaches the Asset Protection team in conducting surveillance, detaining and interviewing suspects
• Performance Standards-
o Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) shrinkage, cash loss, safety, productivity, metrics, sales & customer service culture, profit improvement and attendance
Skills & Experience
• Work Experience – 3-5 years relevant experience, ideally in a big-box retailer or in multi-unit specialty retail
• Education – Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
• Drives Performance - Holds self and others accountable to a higher standard to achieve results; provides feedback, visibility and recognition to the team.
• Strategic Vision – Identifies strategies and objectives; provides clear expectations and shares rationale behind decisions.
• Develops Talent – Builds a diverse and high performing team; provides feedback and stretch assignments to foster growth; empowers the team to make critical decisions; rewards and recognizes efforts and frequently discusses future opportunities and development plans.
• Practices Candor – An approachable and unguarded leader that shares honest and constructive feedback with team; sincere with communication.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
J.C. Penney Company Inc.