Senior Manager of Infrastructure Engineering
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
We are seeking a high-energy self-motivated IT Senior Manager for our Infrastructure team who will be responsible for the enterprise storage and backup, as well as the department’s Project Management Office. This role has direct oversight managing a team of highly-skilled engineers and project managers responsible for engineering, deploying, and providing escalation support for various solutions spanning hardware, software, security, and management.
- Own and drive multiple simultaneous projects within the portfolio through close coordination with business partner teams, as well as other IT teams and external vendors.
- Drive down costs through technical innovation and vendor management
- Drive project execution ensuring on time and on budget project/program delivery. Responsible for forecasting, reconciling and reporting organization financials.
- Leads and coaches others to work effectively to deliver projects or services in a strong customer-service / team-oriented environment.
- Evaluates associate performance levels across team and effectively leverages the right talent resources against the work, identifies resource gaps, addresses performance issues and hires top talent. Provides mentoring and developmental activities to others in the organization.
- Collaborate with peer leaders (onsite and offshore) to ensure execution is effective and efficient.
- Accountable for assigned portfolio/technology/service. Develops roadmaps for assigned incorporating both business and IT team demand taking a strategic view of the work.
- Provides leadership in key interactions with others to define, analyze, and deliver customer solutions. Builds trust to influence peers and others to break down barriers and drive results.
- Ensures process and quality standards are established and achieved within team
- Interface with key vendors to layout strategic direction and incorporate into functional roadmaps
- Work with vendors and procurement teams to ensure roadmaps incorporate cost effectively strategy for managing ongoing support and maintenance contracts.
- Provide escalation point for operational teams as a last tier of support for the business. Maintain ultimate responsibility for systems that are implemented
- Leads actions required for business continuity as required during emergencies
- Excellent communication (oral and written), action oriented, and strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Experience working in large environments and as part of a global leadership team (onsite/offshore model)
- Demonstrated experience leading/coaching/building highly skilled technical teams in complex IT environments
- Skilled in managing a budget, forecasting financial impacts and variances, and has experience managing third-party vendors.
- Ability to lead strategic process/technology roadmap discussions and organizational change across the IT organization.
- Experience leading technical teams to implement both hardware and software solutions in highly distributed environments
- Solid understand of project management fundamentals and best practices
- 7+ years of direct people management
Job Title: Senior Manager of Infrastructure Engineering
Location: Plano, TX, United States -
Job ID: 1084806
J.C. Penney Company Inc.