The Warehouse - Group Lead leads and participates in functional warehouse activities.
- Leads work activities including:
- Scheduling and balancing workload of other associates
- Training and coaching associates in basic procedures and techniques
- Verifying data and work of others.
- Participates in accomplishing prescribed work activities of the assigned department.
- Responds to and initiates inquiries and reports.
- Cooperates with other areas by providing for and distributing the necessary workload to insure that deadlines are met.
- Provides input to associate performance review process, corrective action and staffing needs.
- Identifies problems and recommends solutions.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Requires ability to communicate orally and in writing correctly and concisely, and/or use arithmetic with accuracy and reasonable speed.
- Comprehensive knowledge of procedures and systems that apply to assigned area so that workload and personnel decisions can be made in absence of supervisor.
- Familiarity with equipment or machines used in the area assigned.
- Two years’ experience in the same or related tasks is preferable.
- Exposure to training techniques such as on-the-job coaching and demonstration, graduated skill building, etc.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Job Title: Warehouse - Group Lead
Location: Cedar Hill, TX, United States - 1650 S Hwy 67
Job ID: 1084776
J.C. Penney Company Inc.